Archive from the old forum

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By Jefz (80.43.195.63) on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:19 pm: Edit

Tony you can get a 20 - 30 bhp with a superchip and an induction kit. It should only cost a few hundred quid.

By jeFZ (80.43.195.63) on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:18 pm: Edit

Marius, You cant increase the compression but you can still do a lot to the car. Airfilter, Cams, Computer, Exhaust a simple rechip will release a lot more power but if you redline a big engine often it will break the Turbos are much stronger when it comes to high revs so just play around with the low down torque.

By tankman (195.93.33.8 ) on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 08:26 pm: Edit

hi i have a 1991 16v quattro that is in need of some tuning,can anyone suggest good suppliers, websites etc things i could do myself and whether this 9a engine was used in any vw's thanks all much appreciated

By Tony (194.193.194.130) on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 05:38 pm: Edit

Hi,

I have just bought a 53-Reg Audi A4 1.8T (190PS) and would like to get a 20-30 BHP increase in power. What is the best way to go about this and the types of prices involved?

Thanks in advance

Tony

By Marius (213.239.107.129) on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 12:48 am: Edit

Hey!! I have a Audi 100 2.3i. How can i increase the performance of my engine?? I've been told that the compression is so high, that there is nothing more to do with the engine..... Is that so?? M.

By Waynne on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 09:50 am: Edit

Hi Frank - I would go for the A6 4.2 because the power delivery is consistant from low down and the heavier engine provides better traction in the SNOW. The Turbo is fun though and you notice it kicking in at about 2000 revs so if your a boy racer go for the turbo but the mature answer is go for the refinement of the 4.2 and enjoy a very wide power band and low grubly exhaust note. (You also need to think of fuel economy - I have no stats to go on for a chipped example.)

By Frank Hamilton on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 01:50 pm: Edit

Hi Guys,

Am in the market for a new car Audi A6 and I'm am looking for top performance and driveability. I am quite keen on enhancing the performance with a chip upgrade too. The car should be automatic.

MY question is, In your opinion should I go for the A6 2.7T or the A6 4.2 I have noticed that both have roughly the same max torque figure after upgrading

cheers
Frank

By Anonymous on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:41 pm: Edit

Put your Audi specific questions in here - start a new topic for your model unless your model already has a topic.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:31 am: Edit

I have an A4 3.0 quattro sport y reg, could you pleas tell me how i'd get some more grunt out of the car without shelling out too much money? thanks for you time.

By stephen block on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 02:59 pm: Edit

could some body help me please, i am the owner of an audi A3 1.8T 1998 (S) and my 5 speed gear box has just gone bang. i am now looking to change the gear box to a 6 speed one i also would like to put the car to 4 wheel drive. is this possible ? dose anybody know if the audi quattro gear box and all the other bits needed will fit onto mine.
many thanks
steve
could you reply to s_mblock@hotmail.com if you can help or advise me please

By Mark on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 10:56 am: Edit

Have an Audi Coupe 2.0E, it's only the 8 valve
version and she's pretty dull on performance.
Any suggestions on adding more b.h.p. without
too much expense. Thanks, Mark.

By Anonymous on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:20 am: Edit

HI Mark Dude - welcome to the Audi Forum - I'd go for an air filter and exhaust if I was you. Make sure you get the engine decoked though - theres a power boost spray that is pretty good nowdays.

By A4 mike on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 07:28 pm: Edit

Hi,I have a new A4 1.8T Quattro (190 PS) which I'd love to get more power from. Have looked at the REVO chip upgrade which looks great. Any suggestions for other upgrades and particular brands to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to mail any info regarding A4 tuning and styling to me at ml_193@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

Mike

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back