Approaching our 10th year

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
TorqueCars have our 10 year anniversary coming up! The site started in July 2002 and it has grown far beyond my wildest dreams.

From just a few pages about my Rover 200 GTi to 1000's of pages is no mean feat. It is also amazing how quickly the time has passed and it is nice to see that some of our original members are still very active today, 10 years on!

I must say it has been quite a journey, we had some tough times, challenges and attacks over the years but we've got through them all stronger bigger, better, leaner and fitter. We've tried various software, moved servers and are still looking to improve our users experience of our site.

Thanks to all of our members for making the forums such an interesting place to be.

Thanks for all the new threads and topics which keep things fresh and promote lively debate.

Last edited:
itll have been 5 years since i joined the site in July as well,

well done waynne and all our members who have made contributions to the site over the last 10 years

Nice work Waynne! I know everybody on here appreciates the constant hard work and effort you put into this place. I've been here 4 years now it just feels like home!

Here's to many more years, and many more threads that go completely off topic! Cheers!

congrats waynne/tc members for making this great site!!
just curious who is still around from year 1 then waynne???

Well done Waynne, out of the 10 years I think you've spent 8 of those working on here!

Here's to another 10 years!

Of course, we'll all be driving electric cars by then so we'll have to re-name the site, AllTorquecars! :lol:

congrats waynne/tc members for making this great site!!
just curious who is still around from year 1 then waynne???

Xavier, Kemo, HDI fun and I still see Isamu from time to time - bear in mind that the forum software was updated in 2006 so people had to re-register for this forum. There are plenty others, and some non posting lurkers from the early days still hanging around, but these are the guys you see on here quite often.

Yes I'm very much still around! Nice to see the site going from strength to strength. I remember the early days and things have really changed a lot for the better. Keep up the good work Waynne, and all the other moderators.

Not bad at all I still don't have much reputation though!! :(

I actually helped Waynne out with www.torquecars.co.uk/vw section all those years ago. Waynne keeps nagging me to update it but I'm just a bit busy now a days!

Well with a 10th anniversary why don't you do like an anniversary meet at a big well known place for everybody like the Aces Café Waynee? Get a Photo of all of the members who meet? and have it on here or something I think it would be a great thing to do like a Torque cars Birthday Party LMAO minus the cake.

I'm Proud to be part of this community I mean without you guys I wouldn't know half the stuff I do on my motor :D

You've done extremely well over the last decade. Surprising how quick the time flies. The MG forum I co-own is having its 5th birthday this year, many said it wouldn't survive! It's the members that make a forum what it is. Well done everyone.

Congratulations everybody in contributing to torquecars.com and keeping it friendly, knowledgeable and a great laugh. To all you long serving members it's a credit to you guys and especially Waynne.

I'm a newbie to this site and i'm already addicted!

Have a happy 10th anniversary!!

Yeah of course. Meeting at or doing a track day together is probably the best option imo. Those who want to drive the track have something to do, and those that don't can still meet and have something to watch and talk about. Bit more worth travelling for too than just to sit around in a car park or whatever.

Well with a 10th anniversary why don't you do like an anniversary meet at a big well known place for everybody like the Aces Café Waynee? Get a Photo of all of the members who meet? and have it on here or something I think it would be a great thing to do like a Torque cars Birthday Party LMAO minus the cake.

I'm Proud to be part of this community I mean without you guys I wouldn't know half the stuff I do on my motor :D

i'm sure i can have mine back on the road by then! :p ace cafe party!!!!

i'll start a topic!

Agree'd Auron But I'd would have to put some serious effort into racing my car Lol now she is back to her 65 BHP I am hopefully next month getting a professional ECU and Remap Session in Ashford! get her to 100 BHP so who knows!

Go for it olley would be cool

No cake?!.. Somebody ban this guy.

:lol:

+1
thcookie-r.gif