Aotearoa Newbie without Covid 19 plus Un-Cat'd XJV8 Super I love

NiceCatNZ

Car
2006 X350 XJ8 Super
Hi All TorqueCars people from down-under ... AOTEAROA, NEW ZEALAND.
So far Covid19 is seemingly under control, we've been through 7 weeks of lockdown and have absolutely minimised infection spread and had to date over 94% recovery rate with deaths from the virus in the low 20s' and in general only elderly people with underlying health issues have passed a
way from the virus.

Yesterday the countrywide restrictions were loosened with huge emphasis on Social Distancing and overall personal sanitation.

As there is no antidote so far, we have to be continually aware of the possible rampant infection that could still occur. I pray we don't suffer a second wave of infection now we've lifted the local social rules. Our borders which are all surrounded by sea, as we are rather large islands in the South Pacific Ocean, will remained closed to all non residents for longer than the next 12 months, I believe 24 months is safe.

Our economy along with most every other nation, has suffered, but I'm of the belief that without people what's the use oF an economy. In other words the economy that every nation works with might just have to be remodelled with all human lives as the ultimate rather than the highest number in the profit margin. Just saying, Human lives are more important than anything and every facet of daily life and being able to live as expected in the 21st century must be the importance factor of every function in business and daily living. No man made anything should have ruling power over humanity.

This virus has given a lot of us a chance to re-evaluate the population of this planet. The differences many have experienced, from clean air and skys to the lack of the industrial or vehicle hum in the background 24/7. These alone show that we've been doing things all wrong.

Going from over 1 Million aeroplanes in the air at one time to very very low figures has alone eased the pollution floating around us all. Let's all talk about changing our greed based lives to those of compassion and humanity with money etc put back in place as a trading/bartering item, not a live or die currency. Could go on more about this but I think at this stage that's enough to spark a few discussions, I certainly hope so.

I have a 2006 Jaguar XJ350 with the 4.2 litre Supercharged V8. I have removed the cats and rear mufflers, this alone gave the engine a real perk up.

I have replaced the air supply pipe with a large aluminium pipe from air box to Supercharger, am using a high flow Air Filter.

I am having trouble finding a facility to confidently attack the tuning of the Jag and do a successful re-map. The only over confident garages/tuning facilities who say they should be able to do it ok are the ones that believe the tuning is only good when truly overpriced. Has anyone any good ideas for me. I would like to have a tuning program on my mac &/or iPhone that I could alter things such as dial out the O2 sensors or alter their settings.

Having no cats has changed the flow considerably and the O2 sensors register faults of too much oxygen and thus the computer tries to richen up all, heaps of unburnt fuel and crazy Km/L Figures.

That's my introductory rave as a newby, looking forward to learning lots from you people :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I've been using my lockdown time to keep up with essential maintenance and stuff like that and have avoiding the C19 virus.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hi and welcome Kiwi cousin |B

Don't know if the cat delete is legal over there but big fines if caught here.

Why not install Hi Flo cats as they should not activate any fault codes or dash lights ?

Can the Jags EMS be overwritten or piggy backed and if not then you may need to have it fitted with something like a LINK or HALTEC aftermarket computer to get the best result.

PS did you consider installing a smaller pulley on the SC to give a bit more power ?

Last edited:
Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back