anyone no any bmw 318d e91

W

webber111

just bought my 318d (122 bhp) anyone know the best way to give me a bit more power, remap,hybrid turbo. and is the turbo from the 143bhp or the 160 bhp 318d compatable with my car and will this help

cheers

An ECU remap is the first port of call and will give the single biggest gain with no other mods at all. If you choose to make mechanical changes then you will ne the ECU re-mapped to take advantage of these.

Celtic Tuning is my recommendation.

They should be able to take your 2.0 litre diesel to over 160bhp with ease. The 318d engine is virtually identical to the 320d from the same model range.

If you wanted more torque then a higher spec turbo (which will require extensive work) along with a further remap will quite possibly see over 200bhp with a corresponding increase in torque.

We all talk bhp but we all drive torque.

Another turbo option would be to get your turbo hybridised with uprated internals. Have a chat with a turbo speciailist and see what can be done. That way the plumbing will be the same and you'll only have to worry about timing, fuelling and boost levels.

Another turbo option would be to get your turbo hybridised with uprated internals. Have a chat with a turbo speciailist and see what can be done. That way the plumbing will be the same and you'll only have to worry about timing, fuelling and boost levels.

Exactly, so you still need to remap the ECu anyway.