anyone know anything about a B18d ?

unityjon

Tuner
Car
Honda Accord S
my 2001 accord 's' has a B18D boat anchor up front, its torquey and goes well but i can find virtually no information on the net about it, K&N dont even make a CAI for it ! LOL

anyone ?

I've never actually heard of a B18D...are you sure you have the right code? According to the information I'm aware of...the Accord never used a B series engine. In 2001 (6th generation) it was either an F series or a J series

probably got the code wrong LOL its probably an 'f' ?

got a pic of it...

hondaengine.jpg

The engine layout is similar to other engines so i'm guessing i can fit a CAI from something else with minor modifications

Last edited:
Did you buy it standard? It looks more like a D series from the pic...the same as mine. Maybe its a D series block and B series head mated together?

could be, its stock, apparently its the same engine thats found in the honda Shuttle?, hence the amount of torque it puts out for a small car ? thats had mild weight saving like no elec windows in the rear etc

I'll take a look when i get home from work at the stamp on the block LOL.

i think i got the b18 stuff from my old Volvo amazon LOL

Last edited:
The B18 is the start of the engine codes on some Honda's. Example, B18C. This would be an Integra's engine. Checking the stamp might be a good idea. :lol:

guess what.....

i forgot to check LOL.

fitted the new rims and lowered the front on those dodgy coil over conversions though, will look at the engine code tomorrow.

before lowering.
2nd_new_wheels.jpg

after.
lowered_new_wheels.jpg

no rubbing or grinding, its a little bouncy though on the new coils would prefer something harder, may chop the originals down.

the Engine code is a F18b2 (B standing for boat anchor i assume ?)

nope it just, and just clears all common road obstacles, the front lip will scrape on a curb if its a little higher than standard but i tend not to pull the front right over the curbs anyway.

unless your speeding, then it bottoms out LOL