Anyone have a Z-Cars Mini

Mx5

Torque Junkie
Car
3.8 V6 Holden Skip
My first car was a Mini so they are set in my list of Cars for good i was intrested in a Z-Cars conversion either the Bike Engined (Hyabussa) or the Monte Carlo that they do..

Does anyone have one that they can tell me the Pros and Cons :D

No, but I'd love one!
Personally I like the Volvo engine conversions lots more power & bags more torque than bike engine.

The largest down side is cost, if you build it yourself you'll save some money but the kits themselves are quite expensive.

But they do provide almost everything you need so you wouldn't have to go search for odd parts or need to fabricate anything to tricky.

The hardest bit in my mind is cutting a large chunk out of the back end of a mini.:D

Just use a bigger hammer :D id also love one id preffer to turn a Mx5 into 4 wheel drive oo thats a new idea :D.. or a 4 wheel drive mini that would be awsome with a big engine

There's an American firm that makes a kit that lets you use the Honda CRV 4WD drive train & a Honda type R engine in a classic Mini shell.

I'll find the link when I get back from work in the morning. :D

I thought he was referring to one of these! (and yes I know it's not a Mini! but they had them as well) Zcars from the 70's TV series :embarrest:

Attachments

• Z_cars_title.jpg
    Z_cars_title.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 37
  • zcars2.jpg
    zcars2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
No not that ZCar this ZCar...

R0010574-1.jpg

Civic type R engined hillclimbing beastie of doooooom! :bigsmile:​

Seeing as it's you I'll make an allowance :D, but a soon as you start smelling of wee & forgetting who you are I'm taking you out back like old yeller.

mf_death.gif

No, that's been put on the back burner for now & I don't really have the time to play with a second car. I've still got the 100R though.

I'd love a Zcar mini maybe a project for the future when I've finished my degree. :D

No, that's been put on the back burner for now & I don't really have the time to play with a second car. I've still got the 100R though.

I'd love a Zcar mini maybe a project for the future when I've finished my degree. :D

A very worthwhile gift to yourself Loz when the inevitable happens! :bigsmile:

Her Indoors took me away to Jamaica for a week when I received my PhD!
Took me 5 months to help her pay off the credit card bill :lol:
But you have got to applaud her thought and the heart that went into it all :lol:

sorry to drag up an old thread, but my minis for sale atm.... its not a z-cars mini, but its been converted to a 1.6 Nova GSi engined mini with +50bhp wizards of NoS kit...... if your interested.....

hmm mini is looking very nice and I love those modifications. Thanks for sharing the photos. Here I have also something for you hope you like this..

*Sorry buddy, your post got stuck in the moderators queue as you posted photos, you need 10 posts before being allowed to do this, I have made an exception for you in this case*

T9 man
Super Moderator.

3310889705_12eac5a5e1.jpg

3452454514_c5f3a17c16.jpg

hmm mini is looking very nice and I love those modifications. Thanks for sharing the photos. Here I have also something for you hope you like this..

*Sorry buddy, your post got stuck in the moderators queue as you posted photos, you need 10 posts before being allowed to do this, I have made an exception for you in this case*

T9 man
Super Moderator.

3310889705_12eac5a5e1.jpg

3452454514_c5f3a17c16.jpg

anyone else like it?