Anyone got any sat nav stories?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I had a real fun time with my sat nav. We went to St Ives in Cornwall and it sent us up a steep cobbled high street full of people on a Saturday afternoon - only about a car wide labelled 'access only' for motor vehicles.

So people were giving us black looks and prams were being pushed out of our way. It was one of the most embarrasing experiences of my life. Clutch was burning badly and the thing was getting harder to control then it said turn right up a little road that was about 1.4m wide!!!! So we had to continue up the high street to the end!!!!

I woul'dnt mind but it was a wrong turn completely - the map didn't line up with the street. I guess Cornwall lies on a moving techtonic plate!! :oops:

Hi Waynne

I've never had a problem with my satnav, apart from i've programmed the wrong address into it in error (same street name, different area). I've driven back from Penzance (after picking up a dog) without any problems. I've been taken straight to someones door after picking up a pup in Wigan. Also i used to do Ann Summers parties and the satnav always got me there no problems.

Ann

Classic user error then. Mine also has a nasty habit of getting me to turn off a motorway when I didn't need to and then I have to get back on! This has happened twice and NAVMAN say there are no map updates - I have to buy the maps all over again :?

Its a Tom Tom i've got and i must admit, never had problems with updates and mine also covers blackspots (speed camera's, schools, hospitals etc). It's the best investment i've ever made- apart from my stupidity.

You invested in "your stupidity" :shock: - a frontal labotomy I presume! Did you ahve to go private for that. Sounds great - at least you get a licence to do daft things!