Anyone figure this elec light prob out???

cam6063

Car
1992 Eunos 1600
Hi, I have a Japanese import Mk1 V spec Eunos 1600, 1992 K reg. The problem is that when I turn the lights on via the stalk the lights come on but the lights do not raise to the up position. If I then use the centre console button the lights will rise. If I then use the stalk or the centre switch to lower....neither work. I wind them down with the manual knobs under the bonnet.

The lights will turn on/off no problem which ever position they are in. I checked the fuses, they are good. I then dropped the car off for MOT and local mechanic to resolve light fault, he is puzzled and the enthuiasists MX5 book does not provide troubleshooting for this fault. It does have flash to pass but I dont know whether this is standard for Eunos's, even so, this no longer works either (apart from flashing the lights under the bonnet).

Any thoughts???,

Cheers,

Cameron.

Have you checked the retractor fuse & the relay?

Loz, the car is in the garage and the mechanic is a sound guy so assuming he has although he did say that when searching for some of the relays they were not where detailed in the book? Do you know where they could be located? Cheers, Cameron.

The Hazard / Pop Up Headlight Retractor Switch is U/S, bypassing the switch makes the headlights pop up/down...sorted. Thanks for help Loz. Ebay for £15 to replace.

The Hazard / Pop Up Headlight Retractor Switch is U/S, bypassing the switch makes the headlights pop up/down...sorted. Thanks for help Loz. Ebay for £15 to replace.

Glad it's all sorted buddy, the diagnostic fee for Loz's expertise will be a fine old French Cognac payable directly to me - he does not drink! :lol:

Apologies Cam, this slipped under my radar.
Glad you got it sorted, sometimes it's the simplest thing that gets over looked isn't it! :D

Glad it's all sorted buddy, the diagnostic fee for Loz's expertise will be a fine old French Cognac payable directly to me - he does not drink! :lol:

That's fine, but don't forget his curly wurly bendy straw to go with it. :p