Anybody looking for tips on building a strong fwd street legal car

What would you recommend to strengthen the bottom end of an engine? Any experience with welding the bolts?

your best would be to use a product like loctite thread lock and bolts and studs from ARP these products are designed to do the job. there may be a torque setting for bearing caps be careful do not over tighten rather use torque wrench .

Have you heard of partially filling the waterways with metal (leving a smaller water way of course) this was a trick used on some Nissan 300ZX blocks. Cooling is not affected due to the overengineering and the engine becomes much more rigid.

I just wondered if this worked on other blocks and was common practice or if it is just a one of Nissan Trick.

yup. it sounds strange. ask somebody who builds top fuelers/funny cars etc. maybe they will be able to give you more info on this
Block filling is used mainly on weak stock blocks which are being run on alcohol. Street driven motors still need to be cooled, so block filling uses up vital water passages.

Top Fuel motors are a very different kettle of fish. The blocks are forged as a solid block without water passages anyway. Since fuel cars only need to run for a couple of minutes, there's no necessity to add coolant etc (plus we factor in the required cooling aspect of the fuel to the fuel system setup).

Thanks for that post TFD. You'll have to tell us a bit about yourself in the hello forum if you haven't already done so.

No worries, its a big site and I'm sure that by now you've realised what a friendly bunch we are!

Hi, I am completely new to the tuning scene and want to make my 2000 honda civic as fast as possible, money isn't an issue. any tips on where i should start would be greatly appreciated.

Hello mate, welcome to the forum. Probably best to start a new thread but generally if your budget is endless, the only limit is physics and your imagination.

You could go any number of ways. I'd run a full K20 turbo build on management personally and put the car on a full weight loss plan. Please have a quick look around to get an idea of what real tuning and performance modfications cost before saying money isn't an issue though ;)