Any tuning options for a 1.9 diesel mk 1 Clio?

mukalingling

Wrench Pro
Car
mk3 golf 1.4 match
Recently purchase a mk 1 1.9 densel Clio and wondered if there were any tuning options for the current engine?? Maybe forced induction??

If there is no hope then can anyone recommend a suitable engine to replace it with. Anyone know of any other manufactures that have suitable engines?? (preferably diesel as swapping it to petrol seems a bit silly when if I was go do that I may as well buy a petrol)

If diesel for Renault is pointless what about some thing mad like a gti-r sr20det engine in a Clio ;)

Is this the nasp diesel? If so I wouldn't bother as by the time you get around to finding the hens teeth to tune it the engine would have rattled itself apart. My daughters old boyfriend had a diesel Clio and it more or less self-destruct, it was woeful. If you really need to keep it derv and french then go the HDi route, but is it worth it?

Yes it is a na diesel but I thought they were want to be strong engines.
Well I chose the Renault Clio due to cheap insurance etc I'm more of a jap fan were tuning can be endless

But jap cars are expensive to insure. Particularly any Honda toyota or Mazda and I want to have a turbo'd car and realistically I'm lookin at cheaper densels :( not a drift machine lol

Personally I would leave it well alone as there is very little to gain from this type of engine. As said previously his engine fell apart as it was so agricultural, rattled etc and literally shook the front end apart. Was okay on mpg but as it was nasp took an age to get going. Get some NCB under your belt then plan ahead.