Any Primera Owners out there?

Had one until July last year - I bought it new in 1997 and systematically wound 170,000 miles onto it over 9 years. Unburstable and indestructible - 2.0i SLX auto with factory a/c and everything else. I traded it in against a used diesel Peugeot 406. Auto's are thirsty, and, frankly, I fancied a change. Pug's a nice motor too, very very very quiet and very very torquey. Would leave the Primera for dead in a straight line but not so sure on the twisty stuff. they're very very agile cars

I got a p 10 primera slx h reg 1.6 twin cam 16v and its a saloon,not very many of them about and its gold. But sorry, no mods to this car. Its just not worth it except my shift light which flashes at me at 4500rpm and a switch which makes my aerial go up and down.
The girls love it. LoL But they are realy good cars if you ask me.

I think people overlook them too much. They give a pretty good drive and and nicely equipped. I'l have to get an upNdown ariel if it adds so much to my street credibility although - I did hear of one chap who was leaning over the wing - his wife turned on the radio and the automatic ariel Jammed up his nose! :lol: :lol: :lol: So be careful - you have been warned.

Incidentally - lowering the ariel in bad signal areas can improve reception - you can only do that with a leccy one with remote switch but it does prove quite useful.

An aerial up the nose. NASTY! I would just like to say that the primera also handles well at high speed. With the skimpey tyres it has and the super soft suspension you would have thought it would be all over the place but no, its solid as a rock and you dont have to worrie about the ass end over taken you around corners. If it starts to break away I find all four wheels go at the same time. Its not bad for a old mans car.

Nissan Primera really a fast car for a Nissan saloon.Max speed can go up to 210km/h with stock engine and stock rims.I was wondering is there anyone actually modified the transmission to manual? and also add in a turbo? This must be amazing to see.

Pgarner,

Any source or guide on these people actually get this done? As far as i concern, there's alot of engine compartments need to change too.

I am concidering to buy a Primera myself now, after borrowing my dads primera down to germany last summer. We managed 215km/h on Autobahn. (at least thats what the display told us). He has an 2000model 1.8 engine. Completely original engine, with no modifications! :eek: I was impressed!
THIS is the one that im concidering buying, but im curious if it is possible to put a turbo in it, and where to buy one. (many horrible websites out there that doesnt tell anything about turbo's.. and most of them are in Japanese..)
:sad2:
Its similar to my dad's car, just one year newer.
So does anyone have any tips how to modify a Primera 2001 model with 1.8l engine?
(chip or turbo-tips would be very appreciated):bigsmile:
-a-

A supercharger would be easier than a turbo Arnztein - but still a fair bit of work to do. Welcome to TorqueCars nice to have you along.

(Because your message contained a link and you have less than 10 posts it was held up in the moderation queue - sorry!)

First thing to do - Swap with manual transmission for the 2.0 SR20 Engine.This stock primera weakness is on start up only because of auto transmission.

I've got a 1998 p11 phase 3. It's a 2 litre 16 valve. At the moment i've replaced the back box with a stainless one. I've put an induction kit on it. I'm in the process of debadging it. I've got a ministry of sound dvd player in. Some vibe 6x9's in parcel shelf and a dub audio 12inch sub and a toxic t1100 amp. Plans are a new manifold and de cat pipe, maybe some cams and some 17 or 18 inch wheels and maybe some tints too. But at the moment they are prob gonna have to wait till after christmas.

Not a bad little project there turbonutter69 keep us posted. I think you will struggle with 18s unless you mega low profile. Roll on the new year then.

Update to primera progress. I've now changed the head unit to a sony 1 as it is louder and has more features. De-cat pipe has now been made and is now on but the car is off the road as i have snapped a driveshaft "2nd 1 in about 3 months" so while the car is off the road i have removed the front bumper for repairs and i am moulding part of a mondeo diesel bumper to my front bumper. So while its off the road i'm doing that.

2 Driveshafts. It does sound like a problem there. Did you get the geometry checked?

I had a Sony head unit - very nice. The buttons and controls are nicely laid out on them.

Yep 2. Drivers side went about 3 months ago and the passenger side has now gone. The car has done 130000 miles so they would of needed changing anyway i guess. I put it down to the way i drive. I do drive it quite hard.

Right update on the primera.... £80 later and i've fitted a new driveshaft. I've now heard that this is a common problem after 100,000miles. While the car was off the road i've attached the cut up mondeo bumper to the front of mine with some screws for now just as a test fit. I need to raise it a bit tho as the bottom sides catch the floor sometime in really uneaven road. Weathers not been great tho so not been able to adjust this yet. I've also put some 15 inch 200sx wheels on, just so i could get rid of the steelies. Will be saving up for some 18's I think. I shall be fibreglassing the bumper hopefully before christmas....We'll have to c how things go.

Sounds like you've made some real progress there turbonutter69. Post up some pics when you're done. It will be interesting to see your project taking shape.

I'll have to put some pics up somewhere else. I've tried on here but it just keeps saying their too big. I've even scaled them down but still didn't work. I need to take some more I haven't got any yet with the wheels an the bumper. The car has a few scraps here an there and addmittedly it prob does look like a shed to some but i plan a respray next year an also it's an sr20de so engine mods will take place next year.

If you have outlook email the pictures to yourself and say yes when it says "do you want to make the pictures smaller"

Creating an album in your profile is the easiest way to upload pics - it takes slightly larger images that attachements or the quick upload options.

The P11s are lively cars, handling is superb thanks to Nissan's excellent multi link front suspension which keeps the tyre contact patch as large as possible, P11s can be driven with scant regard to almost everything. Cornering is swift and grippy.

A couple of new things for the car. I've now ripped out the standard front door speakers and replaced them with a set of Alpine SXE-1750S. I've also removed the 12inch dub audio sub and replaced it with two 12inch Audiobahn subs wired up to a Juice JA1200D mono block amp. I think thats about it for this year now. So i'll get saving over christmas for january....
Just to say the quality os sound produced by the new kit is awesome 100% improvement.:bigsmile:

Hi all, got a primera gt `99 black, 170k, never broke down and always starts first time, no mods yet (3 kids) but thinking more and more about it, cars done a few miles now so i`m pretty limited in what i can do without stressing the internals. I`ll probably wait untill i get another car and keep the gt as a project.

Just got nissan primera 98, no mods has been done on it yet, its really a nice car, almost no need to mod it :bigsmile:

I've owned a 1995 P10 SRI - this eventually gave up on me, by the piston seals going, flooding oil over the plugs, and going into the manifold, loads of nasty smoke everywhere.. so she was scrapped :-(

I now have a newer version Primera

A P11 SI saloon
great car, still prefer the P10 though

I'll post some pics in the gallery soon

Cheers