Any police, solicitors or traders here, help needed

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
Hi all, looking for answers, a nice car has been abandoned in my village, on private property, I'd like to buy it so after some research, I found out a chap moved into a rented house, paid no bills, no rent, nothing to the landlady, eventually he left though hasn't been officially evicted yet as her solicitor can't locate him to serve the eviction notice, unfortunately he's left a lot of his stuff in the house, including this car, this all happened last September, legally the landlord can't move his possessions, the law is an are, I'm suspecting the car is possibly owned by ahou company who are also no doubt looking for the car, it's an old car, jag s type on a 57 plate, no mot or tax etc nut after checking the mot history online it's only done 15k, there is a name of a car broker on the number plate,,,, so any idea how I can find the legal owner and make an offer? And luckily he left the keys in the house, the landladys solicitor says she can't touch any if his stuff ....thank you

DVLA request for owner info.
"Reasonable cause" is needed and just looking to buy it might not be enough.
However, a solicitor looking to serve a summons, take an owner to court, will have reasonable cause.... They will have to inform the landlady as all the stuff they do will be in her name, and she might tell you.

Could the landlady serve a notice, get recovery agents in and take possession of his items (including his car) as payment, and then sell to you?

With GDPR it's a nightmare getting anyones personal details even if legally entitled to it.