Any modified Kias out there

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Post up your pics of modified Kia's and tell us about your Kia projects in this thread?

Hi
Think the biggest problem is Kia's are not associated with performance and ther does not seem to be any performance parts out there for Kia's. Maybe Kia could do something themselves if they read this!!!!!!!!

Hi
Think the biggest problem is Kia's are not associated with performance and ther does not seem to be any performance parts out there for Kia's. Maybe Kia could do something themselves if they read this!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT! Thanks guys. I have been a bit down as of late, but this has really cheered me up! :D

I like the part I read - Kia's - not associated - performance! lol

I'm glad no one is wasting there money doing one up.

Hi

I reckon they know best

Well, I did ECU mapping to my SUV, installed custom intercooler with BOV (I like how it sounds!) and converted to open style ITG air filter. Had to change to bigger brakes too. Now trying a bit of restyling.

Sounds good! After you reach 10 posts you should post some pictures for everyone.

I'm looking for anybody have KIA sephia and have acknowledged, coz I want to install my rides with turbo charger . Is it possible ?

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars my friend! :)

Not familiar with the Kia range myself but I'm sure someone will be along in a moment who can help you! ;)

I have learned the hard way that tuning the suspension and handling should come before tuning the engine. Having owned and driven cars that went over 160 mph power and speed are exciting but losing control at 150 mph may be more excitement than you really want.

I have a KIA optima turbo. I have owned 1 jaguar XK120, 1 Porsche spider, 2 Alpha Romeo spiders. 2 Austin Healeys, 2 MGA's , 1 alltrack Celica turbo, 1 BMW m3 and 1 BMW 540I. 1 custom built hot rod. I have got a feel for speed and handling. For the money the optima fills the bill for me. 30 to 35 mpg, 130+ mph, 0 to 60 in 6 sec or less The 70 to 120 mph is breath taking. $26000.00 price tag with a 100000 mile 10 year warranty. I can live with this BUT!!!!! I am a handling freak. have installed 3 body or frame braces and it has made a decided difference. I can not bring my self to spend copious amounts of money replacing parts with less than 10,000 miles on them. BUT!!! I may upgrade the brakes because I am old and am easily distracted when confronted with the vision of a heavy breasted bed thrasher walking down the street. I am also having latent male hormones rearing there ugly head causing me to experience wet dreams about nitrous oxide injector systems. How to do this and keep it a state secret is beginning to give me a psychosis. Since money is not a problem I have to keep my self in check. This is helped by a wife who has considerable authority. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, she is the one who bought the BMW M3 and loved it. If any body has any insights on how to do a covert NOS system let me know.

Last edited:
Yes, there is one out there in Malaysia and that's mine. Wait till I reach 10 post and I'll put it up in the member's gallery. Many people said since I painted my car, it doesn't look at all like a KIA Spectra. :bigsmile: That's my teaser for you.

I have a 2011 KIA Forte Koup SX 2.4L and slowly adding parts. I'm new member here so as soon as I can I will post pics of it on here. Nothing crazy has been done to it, but cold air intake and front strut bar is a good start i think. i do live in the U.S.A. so if anyone has any questions as far as KIA is concerned, I will help as much as I can or even on other cars too.
Thanks
Pete

I have learned the hard way that tuning the suspension and handling should come before tuning the engine. Having owned and driven cars that went over 160 mph power and speed are exciting but losing control at 150 mph may be more excitement than you really want.
That is so well-said it could be your signiature.

Having owned and driven cars that went over 160 mph power and speed are exciting but losing control at 150 mph may be more excitement than you really want.
It also reminds me of the first Pirelli tire commercial I ever saw. It had no words except their slogan: "Power is nothing without control."

Sounds nice, what power are you making with all that on it?
Approximately 335. Just added a Flowmaster HP Converter and Vibrant 1141 resonator. Will add W3 Catch Can System This week. Both above items are straight through with deep rumble at idle. No Drone and only minor cab noise at low rpm. Should have close to 350 HP now. Planning to add JB4 tuning system soon.

That's an awesome project.

Is it me or are the forums getting busier?

I have a 2011 KIA Forte Koup SX 2.4L and slowly adding parts. I'm new member here so as soon as I can I will post pics of it on here. Nothing crazy has been done to it, but cold air intake and front strut bar is a good start i think. i do live in the U.S.A. so if anyone has any questions as far as KIA is concerned, I will help as much as I can or even on other cars too.
Thanks
Pete
what up? i have an 08 Spectra, what website do you find has the best selection for Kia parts?

Recently added a front Luxon Tower Bar and will soon be adding the rear sway bar. Started using Bell Performance oil additive to
Castrol Titanium 5W -20 oil and Star Tron fuel additive and these definitely helped with power and recently stepped on the throttle and was over 140 before running out of road and need to slow down. Goes into 6th gear at 120 MPH.

Do you know what power you are hitting @Odie and what mods have you done or are planning to do?

MY 2018 Kia Stinger AWD 3.3 v6 Twin Turbo with a JB4, AEM Intakes, HKS Plugs, Lowering Springs, secondary cat/exhaust delete
124514916_2774029682837362_8920434228600664942_n (2).jpg

Kia have certainly come a very long way in a very short time. Good to see some awesome Kia projects under way.

My 15 Optima project has been full of ups and downs, the posts about a lack of performance products available to the Kia owners is true in many ways. It is safe to say I have many hours invested looking with those ups and downs to show for it. I would love to hit the jackpot, find a site that is an all in one Kia owners dream. I have done many unreferenced upgrades, the little things if you will that bring the uniqueness we all enjoy. Some sites have much to offer, jb4 is one. It is the 3rd piggyback system to go onto my Kia and my overall favorite hands down. They have an interactive format that is set up for the novice, adjustable for those wanting to make changes and interactive for those wanting to use its overall capability and or with other tuning options. If your wanting to put down more power and not sure where to start, still in warranty or just want honest feedback from people using a product, the jb4 offers just that. If you have a turbo Kia of any model you will want to use the Stinger platform for reference. This is a turbo car only product and all Kia turbo cars fall into the Stinger platform. I am testing the waters as to what I say, I have no affiliation with any vendors I mention, but I see the value in direct references. The things I have so much time spent looking at can be relayed in short order. Much of that time was spent looking for the feedback of everyday people. The one thing that rings true with performance cars of any make or model is handling and stopping, they need to be early investments and always considered as power is added!

They are 12 second 1/4 mile cars with the v6 and minimum upgrades, I wouldn't complain if my employer modified a Stinger, gave me the key fob, and authorized me to open it up repeatedly all day long every day.

The central Oregon Winter is finally over(mostly), the snow is melting off quickly and the roads are quickly being cleaned of cinder. I actually got the Harley out for a few hours yesterday after months of watching it gather dust. If you are a street bike rider like myself, you understand the hazards of riding on roads. I had two close calls yesterday with drivers that just were not thinking. I know people who have had collisions with motorcyclists, most if not all say "I never saw them"! Please make a point of looking for them, especially if your like me with a heavy foot. I look forward to going fast, hearing the exhaust, launching my car and feeling the rush, I get it! Just remember the folks on two wheels, and don't just look for them sometimes!