Any MGF owners out there with tuning tips?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you have an MGF post up a hello in here. It would be interesting to hear which tyres you are using.

I have heard reports that a lot of tyres compromise the handling. The Eagle F1s seem to work quite well but theres no substitute for experience.

CJJ

Car
MGTF160 + Focus ST
What size wheels do you have?

MGFs aren't as fussy as the TFs and mines a TF.

I use Toyo T1Rs, but they are getting difficult to come by.

I can PM you a link to another site which has compiled a list of recommended tyres, unless you are happy for me to post the link on here.

CJJ

Car
MGTF160 + Focus ST
Have just seen the date on the post.

I guess you have tyres by now. :lol:

To anyone with a TF and to a lesser extent, an F, they are fussy about tyres and mixing tyres on the car can lead to really bad handling problems.

I have heard of people describing their cars as borderline dangerous, until they fitted a set of 4 matching tyres.

Lowercase

Car
MgF Trophy 160 SE
When I brought my MgF Trophy 160 it had the wrong size & type of tyre, (195/45/16 & an unknown brand) on the rear & it handled like a sack... It felt like I was skating on ice even in the dry. Fitted up the right 215/40/16 Goodyear Eagle F1's & wow an amazing difference. The F & Tf were designed to run on only a couple of tyres & you do get punished for fitting cheap garbage.

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
I was reading that the Trophy 160 is a very underrated car, What are they like to own and drive? bar the well documented headgasket woes?