Any Leon Owners out there?

Mrs Seat Leon owner, answer to your questions lewisbruv it handles very well & i love my car i would recommend it but try make sure its not been thrashed as a lot of them have been,ive not had many cars that can keep up with my car also(if thats of interest that is), xaviar the colour is Flash Red & ive had all the grey bits including backs of my mirrors sprayed red ive no grey left on now,looks loads better.

Nope sorry!. I've got an Audi A3 1.8 T Sport, a similar package to the Cupra and still from the VAG group.

Hey i am the owner of the new leon fr tfsi.
Its crono yello full induction kit fitted.
Also when i am back from iraq i have a big list of things i am going to do to it.

Hi Ali and welcome. When do you reckon you'll be back and start modding your leon? (It should be good for a decent power hike - have you looked into remaps?)

Hey again.
Well as i said i already have a k&n full induction kit fitted sounds really nice when giving it some on the throttle.
I already know what i am getting done when i am back.
Forge twin intercooler.
Miltek full exushust system.
Remapped.
6 speed short shifter
eibach sports springs lowered 50 mm
anti roll bar.
recirculating blow off valve.
thats all at the moment

He's buiding a monster and says "thats all at the moment!" - I like your style!

Just a few friendly pointers from your list. You might find the roll bar affects wet weather handling so make sure it is what you want (I think with the new springs you will have eliminated body roll) Going down 50mm may cause clearance problems if you have larger wheels so my advice would be to get adjsutable shocks (you probably are already!) The BOVs can cause problems on some engines so check this out before you get one - a partially venting BOV may be the answer.

yeah there is a lot of stuff coming out for the tfsi engine now so its easier to mod
forge do a splitter BOV now for the 1.8t and both versions of the 2.0 tfsi ( basically the golf 200bhp and then the rest i think cupra s3 tt golf edition 30. hoping thats right) which sends enough air back into the inlet to keep the airflow happy and "dumps" the rest. only thing is i dont know how loud they are

Hi all - quick introduction to me, just bought 2008 seat leon fr tfsi(dsg) and love it to pieces but unfortunately I am a complete novice to cars!! and their parts, my better half wants to increase the bhp and speed - so my question is obviously "how do we?" any advise would be greatly appreciated and received.
thank you all
lexsis

Hey and welcome to torque cars hope we can all be of help to you

biggest gain on the 2.0 TFSi engine
is a remap. REVO have claimed 300 bhp from the newer version of the engine fitted to the Audi S3.
link here

they show 255bhp and 285ftlb of torque. a gain of 70bhp and 90ftlb (over their test car). no other modification will give you as much of a gain as this for £500.

better breathing through an induction kit (replaces the whole airbox) or a panel filter (replaces the standard restricitve air filter) and exhaust will free up a bit more but a good intake and exhaust your looking at around another £400-500 only to gain around 10bhp

Hi lexsis and welcome to TorqueCars. How did you find us? PG has touched on the best mods there.

How long did it take to get used to the DSG? Do you prefer it to a manual or full auto box?

Hello everyone.
I have an mk1 seat leon 1.9tdi (90bhp), more or less the same question as lexis35. Would love to get some more power out of my baby!

Hello

I've defected from the VW forum as I've bought myself a 2.0T Cupra in black for extra stealth effect.

(although certain members of the constabulary seem to find it fascinating, much to my friends endless amusement.)

To be honest I don't think I could have found a quicker car for the money unless I shelled out twice what I paid for it!

I was wondering how much power other cupra/FR owners have put through the front wheels of their car and how this has affected the overall drivability? As I would like to get the REVO 300hp remap for it but I'm unsure just how unruly the car would become as I do have to drive in the real world most days.

Leon owner here. One that drinks satan fuel.

Modded ever so slightly, still mugging I mean modding it.

My 1st VAG - love it! :) :love:

hey chrisGLT
seen your car on another forum, nice mods i must say.just starting on mine got a powerflow from cat back, lower S3 strutbrace,been waitin 2 week for parts from stealer for rear fabia wiper.(on back order)seen you have done this is it easy to do?

hey chrisGLT
seen your car on another forum, nice mods i must say.just starting on mine got a powerflow from cat back, lower S3 strutbrace,been waitin 2 week for parts from stealer for rear fabia wiper.(on back order)seen you have done this is it easy to do?

Easy to do the rear fabia wiper? Very! Give your nutz :lol: a spray with WD40 a couple days before you come to taking the old wiper off, it will come off much easier. :)

Just pull the plastic nut cover off, adjustable spanner as I forget the nut size, take nut off completely, swing off the wiper arm to remove it from the rusted spline....

New wiper on, make sure the arm sits flat on the rear window, hold new wiper arm while you tighten nut, flip the plastic nut cover back down and click into place.

Test new wiper, go inside and drink tea with happy face! :)

cheers chris
sounds real easy even for me.any idea on how to fix this the rear wash jet goes round with the wiper arm ?

had a1.6 leon jet sprayed straight up onto middle off screen when wiper working.washer jet on this car follows the wiper blade as it is wiping. ie in a arc. im sure this is wrong as it sprays off the screen and onto me bumper!

had a1.6 leon jet sprayed straight up onto middle off screen when wiper working.washer jet on this car follows the wiper blade as it is wiping. ie in a arc. im sure this is wrong as it sprays off the screen and onto me bumper!

Yeh the jet should stay in the same position, 12 o clock.

Wonder if someone has replaced yours with the wrong part? The fabia wiper has a slit cut out so the jet can still spray whilst the wiper is moving across the screen. Perfect for the Leon.

Take some pics when you take the wiper off, I might be able to see the problem...?

yeah good for keeping half my bumper clean too.ha ha! ok mate will do.
not sure when it'll be here, also not sure on how to upload pics yet new to all this still finding me way round.

Hi all,

I've got an 06 plate Leon 1.9TDi. I've finaly got together a bit of cash todo her up and the 1st thing i wana do is get her a bit faster 0-60/out of roundabouts etc by getting a bit more fae the engine. From what's been said it looks like a remap is the best way for me to go, was just wondering where I would go to get it done?!

Hi all,

I've got an 06 plate Leon 1.9TDi. I've finaly got together a bit of cash todo her up and the 1st thing i wana do is get her a bit faster 0-60/out of roundabouts etc by getting a bit more fae the engine. From what's been said it looks like a remap is the best way for me to go, was just wondering where I would go to get it done?!
all depends where you are based ????
and welcome to tc

Hi all,

welcome mate, have ya got mark 1 fr+:bigsmile:

I'm based up in Glasgow, had a we look at some of the other forum an spotted a couple of recommended companies that are up my way, gona give them a call and see whats what! Thanks for the list pgarner!

hey.. i pick up my leon cupra 1.8 t next week .. and already thinking about tunning it.. has anyone 1 got any advice on what things i can do to increase performance for not so much money?
look forward to hearing back