Any Leon Owners out there?

hey and welcome to the site.
2 questions which engine ? 150, 180, 225 bhp varient
whats the budget ?

basic things, smooth out the air box and fit a panel filter. - around £30 and a couple of hours work
2.25-2.5" exhaust - ~ £300 depening where you go
2.5" sports cat - £200
remap ~£200- 450 depending on where you go

if your short on cash the airbox and remap should be 1st up.
also is youve got the 150 engine ( not sure if the 180 engines have the larger discs as standard the cupra R have brembos i know this ) get the caliper carriers off the Octavia, Bora 03 onwards, golf aniversarys, or the s3, TT. this will allow you to upgrade the discs from 288mm to 312mm. calipers themselves are the same.

bigger money
around £1k for a rebored turbo to taket the larger K04 parts (from the 210 - 225 engines) - 280ish at the fly
£3.5k for a big turbo upgrade. -370 at the fly
£10 major engine overhaul - rebore forged internals HUGE turbo etc - around 600 at the Wheels

want any more info dont hesitate to ask. the vag 1.8t is one of the most tunable engines around

just bought my first car :D a 02 leon :) was 90brake now 140 brake :) lowered on fk coilovers full powerflow exaust system :) just wondering wat alloys u think would suit her and any other mods to do to it :) love my we car

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good Luck & Enjoy! :)

Hello and welcome to the site mate
Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good Luck & Enjoy! :)
yea will do i came across this last night when i was lookin for wat mods i should do then wanted to read thew so here i am :) thanks

yea will do i came across this last night when i was lookin for wat mods i should do then wanted to read thew so here i am :) thanks

Marvellous stuff, it's good to hear that we were a source of inspiration to you!

The gents here on this website, and ladies off course! represent a very broad spectrum of the car modifying community, and between them they have many many years of skills and expertise for you to draw from; from the complete novice (me!) and all the way up to the Demi gods of TorqueCars tuning - Turbonutter69, pgarner, masterauron, Prince, Loz, Old-Git, HDi, Sleeper, Stamford, Waynne and herb, just to name but a few! ;)

I wish you the very best of luck with your future project and I look forward to your future updates buddy! :)

Marvellous stuff, it's good to hear that we were a source of inspiration to you!

The gents here on this website, and ladies off course! represent a very broad spectrum of the car modifying community, and between them they have many many years of skills and expertise for you to draw from; from the complete novice (me!) and all the way up to the Demi gods of TorqueCars tuning - Turbonutter69, pgarner, masterauron, Prince, Loz, Old-Git, HDi, Sleeper, Stamford, Waynne and herb, just to name but a few! ;)

I wish you the very best of luck with your future project and I look forward to your future updates buddy! :)

i'll post some photos when i get her back from geting my coilovers in :) the only thing slowing the process now is the fact that the shops are not open for new years :L i'll keep u informed :)

you need 10 posts before you can put up pictures mate.
what plans have you got for it or is it aesthetics now ?
140 isnt too bad from the old 90bhp engine or have you swapped it out for the PD version

right i'll get them marked up then :L
not to sure tbh i will need to get alloys on her anyway :L
id love a cupra kit on it but there expensive and buying the car and insureing it has me well drained out :L droped 40mm at the front and 50 at the rear anyway when i get my engine risers that could be changed to 60 all round but i dn't want to damage my exaust with it being powerflow and expensive :L to the best of my knowalge its still on the 90 bhp i did not do the maping :L is there anything i would need to look out for with it being maped other than turbo and flywheel? i have hered it can be sore on gear boxs but that could of been the pilot

Hello seat owners,iv got a leon tdi fr,just had re-map but turbo is whistling bad,went to turbo techniques and they said because of re-map its basically knocking it out of balance,so getting a hybrid fitted next week .Its rated upto 250 hp,so at moment its re-maped to 203 with 465 nm torque,doesnt sound a lot of hp but with the torque it feels like its going to rip the tyres of in second but hay that's a diesel for ya,when new turbo is fitted ill get it took upto around 220-225 hp so expecting it to be a handful.any more and clutch will fry and cant afford a new uprated one of those,its had dpf off,and just performance air filter fitted as because exhaust bore on a diesel is a lot bigger changing hole exhaust iv been told isn't realy necessary,hopefully ill driving it around with a big grin on my face.

Hi @papanewb nice to hear from you and you've got the hang of posting now. Sounds like you have a great setup there.
one day to go until hybrid is fitted by turbo technigues,messaged him today and basically all the insides will be uprated and intakes re-profiled to help get more air in,they are fitting as they are the experts,upto 250hp,oil,oil filter and new oil pipes to turbo also as using old ones isn't good.no running in needed but maybe will have to get re-maped but company who did last one wasn't to forthcoming about helping out,as in not charging me again so maybe ill have to wait until iv got more money,but as its been maped hopefully it will be ok for a while to run.anyway of to work soon.bye

Nice, keep us posted and please start your own project thread with pictures. It will help quite a few as the Leons are pretty popular among our members judging by the number of people who read stuff about the Leon each day.

IF you are a proud Leon Owner introduce yourself here.
hi everyone just thought id keep you updated on my hybrid upgrade,well took it in and was told ill get phone call later to say come pic it up,well 3 pm came and gone so thought id ring and find out whats going on,talked to the guy iv been talking to all along and he said they had to order manifold gasket but it had only just turned up,so in the end without no lift to get there for 5 I said ill pic it up tomm,grrrrr so sat here all miserable and leg twitching.haha.2 buses tomm early to pic car up but then ill be like a kid in a sweet shop.hehe.blimy my foot is twitching now it knows whats coming.haha.so when I get car it should be ok without re-map for a while then ill take it in and see what its doing and get it upto 230hp.so already iv been looking on net for little body mods,ie bonnet chip strip,all black front grill and maybe extension to spoiler on rear boot.i know where to get last 2 but if anyone knows where to get the bonnet chip strip would be very helpful .its a strip that fits on and around front on bonnet about 2 to 3 inches wide just to deflect the stones of as those damn chips are bugging me.lol.Anyway hope your all sorting your cars out.

hi everyone just thought id keep you updated on my hybrid upgrade,well took it in and was told ill get phone call later to say come pic it up,well 3 pm came and gone so thought id ring and find out whats going on,talked to the guy iv been talking to all along and he said they had to order manifold gasket but it had only just turned up,so in the end without no lift to get there for 5 I said ill pic it up tomm,grrrrr so sat here all miserable and leg twitching.haha.2 buses tomm early to pic car up but then ill be like a kid in a sweet shop.hehe.blimy my foot is twitching now it knows whats coming.haha.so when I get car it should be ok without re-map for a while then ill take it in and see what its doing and get it upto 230hp.so already iv been looking on net for little body mods,ie bonnet chip strip,all black front grill and maybe extension to spoiler on rear boot.i know where to get last 2 but if anyone knows where to get the bonnet chip strip would be very helpful .its a strip that fits on and around front on bonnet about 2 to 3 inches wide just to deflect the stones of as those damn chips are bugging me.lol.Anyway hope your all sorting your cars out.
picked car up an hour ago,sat here with big grin on my face,old turbo that was took of wasn't half bad when guy showed me it,no wobble of shaft at all,but he said it was deff out of balance .hybrid I had fitted had 360 degree bearings fitted,uprated turbin fitted,one side had been cut down to make spool up quicker,new comp seals and housing had been re-profiled to help suck more air in,they said it will suck 15% more air in ,not had it re-mapped yet but thinking it must be around 210hp.turbo boost will go upto 1.8,guy said its running at 1.6 at moment so ill get it upto 1.7 when I get it re-maped again so as to leave a little for reliability.been driving around for an hour and its quick but it all nice threw the gears no sudden hike if you know what I mean.so I came home for a coffee before I get a speading ticket.lol.out in an hour again to the gym soooo suppose I might be sticking to all the speed limits and seeing how many mpg per gallon it will do...cough cough.hope everyone is smiling as much as me on this sunny day off.hehe.

My friend at the US was driving it for quite a long time, now he switched for a brand new from some deal on (Advertising removed). I'm envious a bit :p