Any Leon Owners out there?

ChrisGTL

Wrench Pro
Car
Leon TDI
hey chrisGLT
seen your car on another forum, nice mods i must say.just starting on mine got a powerflow from cat back, lower S3 strutbrace,been waitin 2 week for parts from stealer for rear fabia wiper.(on back order)seen you have done this is it easy to do?
Easy to do the rear fabia wiper? Very! Give your nutz :lol: a spray with WD40 a couple days before you come to taking the old wiper off, it will come off much easier. :)

Just pull the plastic nut cover off, adjustable spanner as I forget the nut size, take nut off completely, swing off the wiper arm to remove it from the rusted spline....

New wiper on, make sure the arm sits flat on the rear window, hold new wiper arm while you tighten nut, flip the plastic nut cover back down and click into place.

Test new wiper, go inside and drink tea with happy face! :)

vicktor

Tuner
From
coventry
Car
seat leon tdi cupra
cheers chris
sounds real easy even for me.any idea on how to fix this the rear wash jet goes round with the wiper arm ?

vicktor

Tuner
From
coventry
Car
seat leon tdi cupra
had a1.6 leon jet sprayed straight up onto middle off screen when wiper working.washer jet on this car follows the wiper blade as it is wiping. ie in a arc. im sure this is wrong as it sprays off the screen and onto me bumper!

ChrisGTL

Wrench Pro
Car
Leon TDI
had a1.6 leon jet sprayed straight up onto middle off screen when wiper working.washer jet on this car follows the wiper blade as it is wiping. ie in a arc. im sure this is wrong as it sprays off the screen and onto me bumper!
Yeh the jet should stay in the same position, 12 o clock.

Wonder if someone has replaced yours with the wrong part? The fabia wiper has a slit cut out so the jet can still spray whilst the wiper is moving across the screen. Perfect for the Leon.

Take some pics when you take the wiper off, I might be able to see the problem...?

vicktor

Tuner
From
coventry
Car
seat leon tdi cupra
yeah good for keeping half my bumper clean too.ha ha! ok mate will do.
not sure when it'll be here, also not sure on how to upload pics yet new to all this still finding me way round.

combitrie

Car
Saab 9-5 2.2 TiD
Hi all,

I've got an 06 plate Leon 1.9TDi. I've finaly got together a bit of cash todo her up and the 1st thing i wana do is get her a bit faster 0-60/out of roundabouts etc by getting a bit more fae the engine. From what's been said it looks like a remap is the best way for me to go, was just wondering where I would go to get it done?!

herb

modherbrator
From
west midlands
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
Hi all,

I've got an 06 plate Leon 1.9TDi. I've finaly got together a bit of cash todo her up and the 1st thing i wana do is get her a bit faster 0-60/out of roundabouts etc by getting a bit more fae the engine. From what's been said it looks like a remap is the best way for me to go, was just wondering where I would go to get it done?!
all depends where you are based ????
and welcome to tc

vicktor

Tuner
From
coventry
Car
seat leon tdi cupra
Hi all,

welcome mate, have ya got mark 1 fr+:bigsmile:

combitrie

Car
Saab 9-5 2.2 TiD
I'm based up in Glasgow, had a we look at some of the other forum an spotted a couple of recommended companies that are up my way, gona give them a call and see whats what! Thanks for the list pgarner!

Magoo23

Car
bmw 318is coupe
hey.. i pick up my leon cupra 1.8 t next week .. and already thinking about tunning it.. has anyone 1 got any advice on what things i can do to increase performance for not so much money?
look forward to hearing back

pgarner

TC ModFather
From
Lockerbie, SW Scotland
Car
Octy smoke machine
hey and welcome to the site.
2 questions which engine ? 150, 180, 225 bhp varient
whats the budget ?

basic things, smooth out the air box and fit a panel filter. - around £30 and a couple of hours work
2.25-2.5" exhaust - ~ £300 depening where you go
2.5" sports cat - £200
remap ~£200- 450 depending on where you go

if your short on cash the airbox and remap should be 1st up.
also is youve got the 150 engine ( not sure if the 180 engines have the larger discs as standard the cupra R have brembos i know this ) get the caliper carriers off the Octavia, Bora 03 onwards, golf aniversarys, or the s3, TT. this will allow you to upgrade the discs from 288mm to 312mm. calipers themselves are the same.

bigger money
around £1k for a rebored turbo to taket the larger K04 parts (from the 210 - 225 engines) - 280ish at the fly
£3.5k for a big turbo upgrade. -370 at the fly
£10 major engine overhaul - rebore forged internals HUGE turbo etc - around 600 at the Wheels

want any more info dont hesitate to ask. the vag 1.8t is one of the most tunable engines around

fanadman1

From
donegal
Car
seat leon s 1.9tdi
just bought my first car :D a 02 leon :) was 90brake now 140 brake :) lowered on fk coilovers full powerflow exaust system :) just wondering wat alloys u think would suit her and any other mods to do to it :) love my we car

T9 man

TC ModFather
From
London, UK
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good Luck & Enjoy! :)

fanadman1

From
donegal
Car
seat leon s 1.9tdi
Hello and welcome to the site mate
Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good Luck & Enjoy! :)
yea will do i came across this last night when i was lookin for wat mods i should do then wanted to read thew so here i am :) thanks

T9 man

TC ModFather
From
London, UK
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9

yea will do i came across this last night when i was lookin for wat mods i should do then wanted to read thew so here i am :) thanks
Marvellous stuff, it's good to hear that we were a source of inspiration to you!

The gents here on this website, and ladies off course! represent a very broad spectrum of the car modifying community, and between them they have many many years of skills and expertise for you to draw from; from the complete novice (me!) and all the way up to the Demi gods of TorqueCars tuning - Turbonutter69, pgarner, masterauron, Prince, Loz, Old-Git, HDi, Sleeper, Stamford, Waynne and herb, just to name but a few! ;)

I wish you the very best of luck with your future project and I look forward to your future updates buddy! :)

fanadman1

From
donegal
Car
seat leon s 1.9tdi
Marvellous stuff, it's good to hear that we were a source of inspiration to you!

The gents here on this website, and ladies off course! represent a very broad spectrum of the car modifying community, and between them they have many many years of skills and expertise for you to draw from; from the complete novice (me!) and all the way up to the Demi gods of TorqueCars tuning - Turbonutter69, pgarner, masterauron, Prince, Loz, Old-Git, HDi, Sleeper, Stamford, Waynne and herb, just to name but a few! ;)

I wish you the very best of luck with your future project and I look forward to your future updates buddy! :)
i'll post some photos when i get her back from geting my coilovers in :) the only thing slowing the process now is the fact that the shops are not open for new years :L i'll keep u informed :)

pgarner

TC ModFather
From
Lockerbie, SW Scotland
Car
Octy smoke machine
you need 10 posts before you can put up pictures mate.
what plans have you got for it or is it aesthetics now ?
140 isnt too bad from the old 90bhp engine or have you swapped it out for the PD version

fanadman1

From
donegal
Car
seat leon s 1.9tdi
right i'll get them marked up then :L
not to sure tbh i will need to get alloys on her anyway :L
id love a cupra kit on it but there expensive and buying the car and insureing it has me well drained out :L droped 40mm at the front and 50 at the rear anyway when i get my engine risers that could be changed to 60 all round but i dn't want to damage my exaust with it being powerflow and expensive :L to the best of my knowalge its still on the 90 bhp i did not do the maping :L is there anything i would need to look out for with it being maped other than turbo and flywheel? i have hered it can be sore on gear boxs but that could of been the pilot