Any Leon Owners out there?

MAX180

From
S.YORKS
Car
SEAT LEON CUPRA
Mrs Seat Leon owner, answer to your questions lewisbruv it handles very well & i love my car i would recommend it but try make sure its not been thrashed as a lot of them have been,ive not had many cars that can keep up with my car also(if thats of interest that is), xaviar the colour is Flash Red & ive had all the grey bits including backs of my mirrors sprayed red ive no grey left on now,looks loads better.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Nope sorry!. I've got an Audi A3 1.8 T Sport, a similar package to the Cupra and still from the VAG group.

Ali_Hayes

Hey i am the owner of the new leon fr tfsi.
Its crono yello full induction kit fitted.
Also when i am back from iraq i have a big list of things i am going to do to it.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Hi Ali and welcome. When do you reckon you'll be back and start modding your leon? (It should be good for a decent power hike - have you looked into remaps?)

Ali_Hayes

Hey again.
Well as i said i already have a k&n full induction kit fitted sounds really nice when giving it some on the throttle.
I already know what i am getting done when i am back.
Forge twin intercooler.
Miltek full exushust system.
Remapped.
6 speed short shifter
eibach sports springs lowered 50 mm
anti roll bar.
recirculating blow off valve.
thats all at the moment

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
He's buiding a monster and says "thats all at the moment!" - I like your style!

Just a few friendly pointers from your list. You might find the roll bar affects wet weather handling so make sure it is what you want (I think with the new springs you will have eliminated body roll) Going down 50mm may cause clearance problems if you have larger wheels so my advice would be to get adjsutable shocks (you probably are already!) The BOVs can cause problems on some engines so check this out before you get one - a partially venting BOV may be the answer.

pgarner

TC ModFather
From
Lockerbie, SW Scotland
Car
Octy smoke machine
yeah there is a lot of stuff coming out for the tfsi engine now so its easier to mod
forge do a splitter BOV now for the 1.8t and both versions of the 2.0 tfsi ( basically the golf 200bhp and then the rest i think cupra s3 tt golf edition 30. hoping thats right) which sends enough air back into the inlet to keep the airflow happy and "dumps" the rest. only thing is i dont know how loud they are

lexsis35

Hi all - quick introduction to me, just bought 2008 seat leon fr tfsi(dsg) and love it to pieces but unfortunately I am a complete novice to cars!! and their parts, my better half wants to increase the bhp and speed - so my question is obviously "how do we?" any advise would be greatly appreciated and received.
thank you all
lexsis

pgarner

TC ModFather
From
Lockerbie, SW Scotland
Car
Octy smoke machine
Hey and welcome to torque cars hope we can all be of help to you

biggest gain on the 2.0 TFSi engine
is a remap. REVO have claimed 300 bhp from the newer version of the engine fitted to the Audi S3.
link here

they show 255bhp and 285ftlb of torque. a gain of 70bhp and 90ftlb (over their test car). no other modification will give you as much of a gain as this for £500.

better breathing through an induction kit (replaces the whole airbox) or a panel filter (replaces the standard restricitve air filter) and exhaust will free up a bit more but a good intake and exhaust your looking at around another £400-500 only to gain around 10bhp

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Hi lexsis and welcome to TorqueCars. How did you find us? PG has touched on the best mods there.

How long did it take to get used to the DSG? Do you prefer it to a manual or full auto box?

BeefyB

From
Scotland
Car
03 seat leon 1.9tdi
Hello everyone.
I have an mk1 seat leon 1.9tdi (90bhp), more or less the same question as lexis35. Would love to get some more power out of my baby!

Se7eN

Wrench Pro
Hello

I've defected from the VW forum as I've bought myself a 2.0T Cupra in black for extra stealth effect.

(although certain members of the constabulary seem to find it fascinating, much to my friends endless amusement.)

To be honest I don't think I could have found a quicker car for the money unless I shelled out twice what I paid for it!

I was wondering how much power other cupra/FR owners have put through the front wheels of their car and how this has affected the overall drivability? As I would like to get the REVO 300hp remap for it but I'm unsure just how unruly the car would become as I do have to drive in the real world most days.

ChrisGTL

Wrench Pro
Car
Leon TDI
Leon owner here. One that drinks satan fuel.

Modded ever so slightly, still mugging I mean modding it.

My 1st VAG - love it! :) :love:

vicktor

Tuner
From
coventry
Car
seat leon tdi cupra
hey chrisGLT
seen your car on another forum, nice mods i must say.just starting on mine got a powerflow from cat back, lower S3 strutbrace,been waitin 2 week for parts from stealer for rear fabia wiper.(on back order)seen you have done this is it easy to do?