Any engine in any car

Blue top Cosworth engine and Sierra Cosworth running gear.
Why? Just because parts are so readily available and there is stacks upon stacks of info on what works/doesn't.

depends on the situation.... if i was rich and had all the cars i wanted id do something for #!#!#!#!s and giggles like a veyron engine in a reliant robin lol but if it was a serious project, cossie powered mk1 Focus RS.....

a dream 1 for me would be a db5 with a modern aston engine, running gear and brakes

a realistic 1 if i had the knowledge a nicely tuned saab 2ltr into a mk3 astra
a lad on the mk3oc done this on a budget of a grand but when he broke the saab for parts he made £400 back so he did the whole car for around £700:cool:

I'm already doing it :)

Mind you, if I was to start again I think maybe a turbochagred bike engine or even one of the new V8s made from 2 bike engines. Lots of power and no weight.

I'll have to think on this one. But here's one a friends dad made. 400+bhp, 2.0L Turbocharger, rear engine, 4 wheel drive, toyota Aygo. Total cost to setup the car £125k and then another £25k on coach work. A total oneoff and he built it just because he liked the Metro 6R4 and wanted to see if the same could be done with an Aygo.
Oh i forgot to say. He's promotions director for Toyota .. It done sub 3 seconds to 60 ''MAD''.

I'll have to think on this one. But here's one a friends dad made. 400+bhp, 2.0L Turbocharger, rear engine, 4 wheel drive, toyota Aygo. Total cost to setup the car £125k and then another £25k on coach work. A total oneoff and he built it just because he liked the Metro 6R4 and wanted to see if the same could be done with an Aygo.
Oh i forgot to say. He's promotions director for Toyota .. It done sub 3 seconds to 60 ''MAD''.

Any pictures of this Aygo by any chance?

It's already been done..................an F1 set-up in a van.

Quite fancy doing a rwd conversion on the ZS with the supercharged (Mustang) V8 from the ZT400. Other than that I wouldn't know where to start!

Already done a V8 into a Bedford CF and Chevette.

Any pictures of this Aygo by any chance?

The car was in Rudgwick near Horsham west sussex. My friend is Christian Skelton. Founder of Retro Car Club. I'll see if theres any photos he may have posted to some of the guys in the club. Christian liked the old and his dad liked the new.

The car was in Rudgwick near Horsham west sussex. My friend is Christian Skelton. Founder of Retro Car Club. I'll see if theres any photos he may have posted to some of the guys in the club. Christian liked the old and his dad liked the new.

Marvellous stuff, I look forward to seeing the pictures should they appear ;)

Found some pic's
sorry. it was an 1.8 Turbo. I'm told by Christian that they detuned it to 200bhp for the press to drive. As those fools couldn't handle it. It did get a spell on the TopGear track, as rudgwick is only 5min's away, but i don't think it made it on the show .

Attachments

• 11688123645 (1).jpg
    11688123645 (1).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Toyota-Aygo-1168812379.jpg
    Toyota-Aygo-1168812379.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Still got the RS4 and TDV8 rangie sport :).... Nothing else in my price bracket really takes my fancy at the moment. Longest i've kept two cars!!

Are you sure that's a diesel? :amazed: Well I'm impressed ;)

+1
675a8144.gif

I reckon a brilliant combination would be a Classic Corvette Stingray Engine in a Ford Capri It seems soooooo right! The v8 Roar in a car which looks like it should have it!