Any chance to improve 320i N43B20A?

Yakor

Car
BMW 320i Coupe E92
Hi guys,

I've read the forum, but didn't find the relevant info.
The thing is, that as it seems, the 2.0 petrol engine is somewhat "deficient": Official "BMW Performance" doesn't support this engine, tuning workshops start with 2.5 litter (maybe not all, but I couldn't find).

So I'm hoping to get your advise on the subject.
I'd be happy with 10-20 hp/nm increase with more focus on torque.

Thanks in advance.

Yakor

hi and welcome to the site m8.
cams, induction kits, exhausts

Hi,

Thanks!
Very good. What is cams? :)
And which tuning workshop would you recommend? Well-known like Hammann seems to be not doing such kind of tuning (or am I mistaken?)

Yakor

cams - short for camshaft. the part of the engine that converts the rotational movement of the engine into a linair movement to open the valves

go to the home page on here and read all the hints and posts by other members, they will explain it better than i can

Thanks for hints on general education. But I would rather appreciate concrete recommendations on companies and options with regards to concrete model. Even if I know what and how to do, I won't be doing it myself...

Perhaps, someone with the same vehicle has had an experience in this field?

Yakor

As you say most tuning shops and parts are on the M3 and 2.5 engine options. The 2.0 does seem to be ignored and this would imply that power gains are too expensive to be considered worth doing but I would encourage you to investigate the following.

A remus or Sebring exhaust system will be a good place to start, get a sports catalyst fitted as well.

A panel air filter. Head work, porting polishing, gas flowing and 3 angle valve jobs.

A remap is also worth considering if you do other mods as well, try http://www.gorseperformance.co.uk/bmw-car-tuning-remaps.html for information on this.