anti roll bar bush.... or more serious? wot u think??!!!

minx23

Tuner
Car
mondeo zetec s tdci
hi, its me again, just wondering if anyone could give me there opinion on something? ive got a 2000 mondeo, and its been makin wierd noises on the front passenger side wheel, it went through MOT with no adviseries or anything, but it was doin this way b4 its MOT, when im driving kinda slowish, like pullin out from junctions...

if i go over a bumpy ish road it kinda makes a noise like its not takin it properly on that side, but if im travellin over like 30 miles an hour it doesnt seem to do it, and also when i go over speed humps, its sometimes terrible!! does this sound like its the anti roll bar bushes that ave gone, or is it something more serious????

im a woman... i dont know everything, and also, the other problem ive noticed recently is that every now and then when i have to put full lock on (towards the right) when it moves it sometimes make a cracking(ish) noise, could this be linked to my other problem or am i lookin at big bills? cheers to anyone that can help!!!!

always come ere coz someone always seems to know the answers, u guys should get paid for some of the advice u give, saved me a fortune last time!!! thanx again!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Minx! Welcome back! Could be the lower ball join in the suspension arm. If you press down on that side of the car it should bounce once and then settle. If it bounces up and down a few times it will be the dampers/springs at fault. As it passed an MOT it is unlikely to be dangerous - just annoying.

It could be that the bushes are shot on that side, but I would have thought the MOT inspector would have bought this to your attention.

I suspect all it needs is a new bush or bit of lubrication.

On to the steering issue have you fitted wider wheels to the car?

is the creaking coming from the wheels or under the bonnet ?
might be that your fuilds low

get a can of wd40 and spray all the bushes see if the bumping stops. if it does get some proper grease in them as itll last longer than the wd40

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back