Another Upgrade lol.

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
Look what the nice man from UPS delivered for me today.

clutch%201.jpg

clutch%202.jpg

Gettin it fitted this thursday. It's an EBC uprated sports clutch thats 10mm wider clamping surface given better response. So it should make the beasty go a bit quicker.

Just need to get the suspesion fitted when it arrives on friday lol, can't wait.

Very cool - don't forget to replace the release bearing (is it cable operated in your car if so make sure the cable is in good condition - I had a power clutch that kept breaking cables.)

You'll really notice it on high power launches. I'd be curious to know if it makes it harder to drive around town and in traffic.

Some people can't stop modding their cars. :rolleyes: Keep up the good work

Well like the old saying goes "It's just not quick enough". Next will be the light weight fly wheel. The standard flywheel on a Calli V6 is 15.6kg but if you have one from Courtenay Sport they will provide you with a billet steel one that has a massive saving of 9.8 kg. Should fly off the line with that and the clutch in.

Suspension here tomorrow so there will be some updated pics very soon. :wink:

waynne said:
Very cool - don't forget to replace the release bearing (is it cable operated in your car if so make sure the cable is in good condition - I had a power clutch that kept breaking cables.)

You'll really notice it on high power launches. I'd be curious to know if it makes it harder to drive around town and in traffic.

In the pic's you can see, all i've doen is layed the 3 pieces over each other. What you can see is actually all 3 bits just put together as I didn't want tp upload loads of pics.

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! Bloody snow stopped me from gettin the car up my hill yesterday so this has been re-booked for Monday, i'm well gutted as there is a massive cruise this Sunday :(

O well at least it will be ready for the even bigger Midz United cruise. iirc Fast Car magazine is gonna be there so that should pack a few. At the moment there is 27 cruise sites from around the country so should be a good night.

This is takin place in the Midlands if anyone is up for it and it's on the 18th of February (Sunday). Oh and there is a show and shine (weather permitting) and sound of comps aswell.

Post up the details of the meet in the events bit and I'm sure a few of us will be abel to come along!

Oh My God!!!! Now the acceleration is truely amazing. Last rolling road I had i hit the 225bhp area so it will be interesting to see what I get in a couple of weeks as it's had about another £2500-3000 spent on it lol.

Back to the clutch, as I was saying lol. The power delivery is so much smoother and you can actually feel the quicker acceleration in the bottom end and well... the mid end and top end..... well all I can say is "Here scooby scooby scooby" pmsl.

Have had one race since it was done on Monday and that was a Audi A4 3.0 Quattro, and it absolutly slaughtered him after about 45-50mph lol. Think i'm gonna do the NGK plugs and leads and maybe the flywheel next.

Cool glad the effort has paid off for you - I bet it handles like it's on rails now.

I'll race you (on a track) but you're not allowed to use your car!

It handles like a go kart now which is fantastic giving that it's a near 2 tonne car lol. I've got a gear changing light now to wire in which gives you a stop watch so you can do your own 0-60 tests. Just need to set it up right and tell it where abouts 60 is and it makes it start and finish on 60mph automatically. Not bad little gizmo for £75 but essential so I don't red line it as these engine hates been bounced of the limiter.

And if it's what I think you mean Troop, it's £25 a time if you want me to take you a spin pmsl :wink: :D

But if you want to take it for a spin, that would be fine if you wanna leave £6000 or 7000 in my back pocket lol