another newby says hello

Graham W

Wrench Pro
Car
Beetle 1500 weekend
hi all

I'm Graham and my cars a 1500 white 1970 Beetle.

hope this is the right place to be for help and advice (for old cars too) for many things.
I do have tips and hints for other beetle owners and would be happy to help others too,

cheers
Graham

Alright bud, welcome to the forum! If you are looking for friendly advice, help and a light hearted discussion on various topics then this is definitely the place! A 1970 Beetle is a classic. What plans do you have for it?

Plans. mmmmm just to keep it looking good and running well and to fight the good fight againts rot and rust lol
Just waiting for the 10 post rule and i will post its picture.

cheers

Graham

Hi graham youve definately found the right place here. Love the dubs myself but could never afford to run one. Mate of mine had a 1303s with huge rear wheels and loads of chrome and it ran beatifully.

I have a 1984 Vauxhall Chevette (actually its the wife's), it's a bit gutless but looks cool. I am building a 1970 Morris Minor that will eventually be running a 1984cc engine from a Porsche 924. That one is coming along very slowly but steadily. Its in the process of having any excess weight stripped out. It is currently a bare shell with full fibreglass flip front and I also have fibreglass doors for it too. And I also have a 1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite.
http://www.torquecars.com/features/near-lee.php
This went bang in a big way last year and has been off the road since, but the last of my new engine parts arrives today so that should be back anytime soon (I can't wait!).

wow what a car Fingers. Shame your in Essex or i would be around to see it.

1984 Vauxhall Chevette. mmmmmm bit of a difference, You say its your wifes or is it the other way around lol

have you got pics of the morris minor and was it straight foward to put a Porsche 924 engine in. brakes will need a bit of an upgrade i would have thought, or a parachute that opens at the rear.

If you get the time send us the pics of your cars.

what major went bang on the Near Lee car, big end. do they car a chain or a cam belt on those?

look foward to seeing pice all the best and if your ever showing your car/s near the York area plz let me know.

did you get to the newby hall car show?

hey and welcome graham, thats you well over the 10 post limit you wanting to load up some pics ?

mates father had an old beetle and was going to do the norm, old 3.6 air cooler 911 into it, got some of it stated then ran outo money. by the time he got more sorted out the car had sucomed to tin-rot and needed way too much work

yeah missed alot of posts came back on before and there was 9 pages of new posts, not bad for a weeks worth. hour later i had only read about half of them had to give up as stuff to do

hey and welcome graham, thats you well over the 10 post limit you wanting to load up some pics ?

mates father had an old beetle and was going to do the norm, old 3.6 air cooler 911 into it, got some of it stated then ran outo money. by the time he got more sorted out the car had sucomed to tin-rot and needed way too much work

ahhthe dreaded tin rot. i think mine would go up in flames rather than rot. wwaayyy to much waxoiyl ect on it.

whats your ride ?

Graham

yeah verything was rusted in a couple of years it was in the garage uner the sheets, he never kept an eye on it. it was sold last year along with his old caviler. basically told the guy he could have the cav for what he was ffering as long as he took the beetle.

my ride - 03 bora

dont normally post in other peoples introduction threads as i'm ony new here myself, but seeing as you have a bug i couldnt resist, i grew up on VW's and built a Baja a pro-street style mish mash (baja rear and cal-look front - pig ugly but quick) and my last was on Juice after i'd campaigned it in VWDRC for a year or so with a 2ltr type 4 lump in the rear :D

Welcome.

wow what a car Fingers. Shame your in Essex or i would be around to see it.

1984 Vauxhall Chevette. mmmmmm bit of a difference, You say its your wifes or is it the other way around lol

have you got pics of the morris minor and was it straight foward to put a Porsche 924 engine in. brakes will need a bit of an upgrade i would have thought, or a parachute that opens at the rear.

If you get the time send us the pics of your cars.

what major went bang on the Near Lee car, big end. do they car a chain or a cam belt on those?

look foward to seeing pice all the best and if your ever showing your car/s near the York area plz let me know.

did you get to the newby hall car show?

:lol: I promise, the Chevette is definatley the wifes. The 924 running gear is not yet in the minor, the project was abandoned untill recently as we had a baby last year but I'm back on the case now. I'll get some photo's together when I get a mo and update my old thread on it.

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f8/project-norm-619/

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back