Another Newbie - Pug 406 Sri turbo

Tony Montana

Car
Pug 406 Sri turbo
Alright then? Good to meet you all (well in a internet kinda way) Just bought a Pug 406 2.0 sri turbo and will be looking for any advice anyone may have.

Take it easy:toung:

Hi there Tony and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. Does your Sri have the spoiler? What year is it? They look quite good. Advice is always readily available on here so let us know what you are after and well do our best to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Hey Waynne, Its on an 'R' plate and doesn't have a spoiler, it's pretty much stock to be honest but I picked it up at a bargain price and have just been bitten by the bug to so exactly what I can get out of it. Quite impressed with it so far, looking forward to working my way around the forum!

Alright, turbonutter? thanks for the reply, plans, yep, early days yet though, I'm looking to get performance sorted first then I'm going to look at the styling and ICE side of things. Doesn't seem to be a massive amount of after market stuff available for the 406 (unless Im looking in the wrong places!) so if anyone has any ideas where would be best to go, that would make me one happy camper.

Thanks again for the wicked welcome!

There is loads of stuff in France. I saw a fully kitted 406 (very tastefully done as well). Ebay is a pretty good place for the odds and end.

First up I would de-badge and get a plain grille for it. The Smooth euro look is also quite a good look on the 406.

Suspension mods are also pretty good in terms of your return for your money. Find the thread in the PUG forum for the 406 Coupe lowering for some tips on the best setups for this. http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f78/406-coupe-koni-sport-kit-3968/ Rockape is your man there!;)

Do you know what the power output of the standard engine is?

Welcome to the forum, I'm new here myself.
I do love Pug's, used to be a mechanic for them years ago. Like the 406 coupe a lot but my all time Pug faves are 205 T16 (the real one!) and 309 GTI.
Still a few T16 for sale every now and them if you know where to look.
Get some pics up mate :D

TT

Thanks for the welcome everyone and hello back to everyone. Good to see that this is a very active forum. Not had chance yet too find out the exact performance stats, but Im going to be getting it down to my local performance tuning garage to try to find out exactly what power I'm getting, I'll keep you informed... A ex Pug mechanic eh TT? Always good to know!

TM

(Wasn't very active this morning though but I've fixed it now :embarrest:

Please do keep us up to date.;) Feel free to get stuck into our other threads and topics, it would be good to hear your comments.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back