Another New Guy.

BillDP

Car
11corolla S
Just wanted to jump in and say hey. My name is Bill. I’m new to the forum. Although not a young guy. I’m 51 yrs. Been a mechanic pretty much my entire life. I grabbed a 2011 Corolla S 1.8 85,*** miles a couple years ago. Haven’t done anything to it yet but I’m thinking about getting going on it. I guess I’m just wondering what you guys are doing with this motors without the risk of blowing it up? It’s a nice little car, just looking to give it a bit more and keep it reliable.
thanx in advance.

I’m really looking for some decent engine/ ecu upgrades/ mods. It’s going to stay a daily driver so I’m not looking for a loopy cam swap but I’m not scared of doing some work to it.

Hello and welcome Bill :)

With your experience and background you will know that it takes a lot of $$$ to extract big power gains from a NA motor so my suggestion is to see if you can install a belt driven supercharger.

I would start looking at fitting an SC from say an early MB Kompressor model that has a similar size engine.

It almost certainly need some custom brackets and a bit of ingenuity to install but with your experience anything is possible.

Please keep up informed on progress as it adds to the knowledge base of the site.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

So sorry for my very slow reply, I've been looking after my mum who is very poorly at the moment - family always comes first.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back