another new car Integra Dc5

andyalbone

Track Warrior
Car
Honda Integra dc5
so today i got another new car im hoping as its a newer car than what im used to il be keeping it for quite a while. il get pics up tomorrow after i have cleaned it

the car itself is a 2002 dc5 with only 92k miles and 1 owner from new was a bit of a bargain but does need a couple of tyres tax at the end of the month and the front bumper needs slight work as its quite low and has been damaged on a speedbump.

modifications
part engine rebuild with ported and polished head (apparently)
mugen twin loop exhaust
k n n typhoon induction kit
mugen diff
bc coilovers
bride bucket seats ( these are very snugg)

i do have a question if any body can help the bloke i got it from said that cause of the uprated diff the car will creak at low turnings speeds as the diff is not being worked enough at low speeds? did a bit of looking into this seems to be right but not sure. also some time the steering wheels seems to want to snatch back to being straight not sure if thats right either. if that makes sense

FWD and a limited slip diff will cause the steering to want to self centre very strongly. Additionally if the car is fitted with fully electric power steering, sometimes known as electro mechanical (NOT electro-hydraulic, where the fluid pump is electrically driven) then it's common for manufacturers to build in some powered self centring feel in addition to the usual speed related assistance curve. My Passat is like this, uber light at parking speeds and v v v firm on the move. Initially it's disconcerting but after a few miles I've really likened to the extremely firm high speed steering feel.

As for creaking from the diff I don't know. How do LSDs work? If they involve friction plates then I can understand that there might be some noise under certain operating conditions.

Last edited:
I love DC5's..

In regards to the diff, I am sure some one will come along in a minute with an appropriate answer. However, I'd imagine it needs oil. Could try topping up the gearbox oil?

Last edited:
IF the diff is a clutch type LSD it will creak??when turning due to the plates slipping when the inside wheel tries to rotate @ the same speed as the outside wheel.
Something has to give in that situation ,either the tyre grip on the road or the LSD plates.
Hope that makes sense to you ??

As the previous poster said check the fluid level and make sure you use a proper LSD transmission oil.

Last edited:
yes and no thanks

i was going to give the car a full service so now il just add the gearbox oil to the list

it beens a while since i last posted as my laptop and phone have been broke but are now fixed so a few shots of the dc5

Nice car Andy.Love the seats as they are similar to my drivers seat that holds me in place nicely.