Another New Car hehe....

Well as the misses is now only 3 weeks away from having our baby, I thought it was time to move on from the Scooby and be a little more sensible for a the next 18 months-2years. So I decided to get rid of the scooby and get a bit more of a realistic family car but still has 200bhp

Well i''ve come back to the Vauxhall world once again lol.

So without any further ado heres my new motor. Well pleased with it. Absolutly mint, great service history, mint interior and with having a Billet flywheel it really does go well. Magnex back box which i'm gonna swap over for a new double d one. Cone filter which i've already reaplaced with a K&N panel filter and has actually made it accelrate quicker, so the same thing happened here as what happened to my Calibra V6 when I started to tune that. Sucked in too much air than it could get rid of. So shelfed the filter till the exhaust work is done. Refurbed wheels aswell and brand new brakes all round.

So here she is:-
newpic1.jpg

newpic2.jpg

newpic3.jpg

newpic4.jpg

Bear in mind the car still has a tone of road film on it but in this next pic you can still see how nice the paint work is:-

newpic5.jpg

Interior is mint aswell with a MOMO Handbrake cover and MOMO gear knob. Goes well with the titanium dash to be fair:-

newpic6.jpg

newpic7.jpg

Wont be long before the mods start flying but I love these V6 engines anyway so happy day :):)

What do ya think then peeps.

Cheers, BAD63R

very nice car mate not very clued up on vectras is this the gsi and is it a 3ltr 0r 2.5ltr ???

if its the 2.5ltr i know these go very well cause i know a lad who has 1 in his mk3 astra but his brakes really needs to be sorted :amazed:

:lol: Here we go again. He buys a sensible car and then spends the next 6 months making it as unsensible as he can.;)

Good luck with it and with the baby. We MUST do that feature on the Scooby before you forget all about it? Are you up for that?

Yes mate no problem. I have 100's of pics of the Scoobs so that wont be a problem.

As far as any conversions go with this one. I dont think anything will happen as far as a different engine but, as I've had a V6 Calibra before, I know what works well for these engines.

Yes it is the 2.5 and yes it is the GSi model so running 197bhp standard compaired to a normal 2.5 which is 169bhp standard. This is due to the fact that the GSi 2.5 comes with 3.0ltr cams as standard which is where the extra 30bhp comes from. It already has a Courtenay Sport Billet Flywheel which saves a massive 10-11kg so it revs like a goodn' up to 6800rpms so has a wicked power curve before you evben start.

There will be modding happening straight away as I already have it booked in for some exhaust work as these engines are 1000000% better if you get the air flow perfect from air filter to exhaust. A remap will most definatly be in order which takes them to around 215bhp with filter and exhaust, aswell as a posdsible 6 speed gear box conversion from a Calibra or Cavalier Turbo which will change the way the power is delivered dramatically.

Another one i'm playing wiht at the mo which was on the drawing board when I had my last V6 which is to get hold of a Saab V6 Turbo unit. Vauxhall allowed Saab to use the 2.5ltr and the 3.0ltr engine in some of the 9-3's and later 9-5's and very kindly put a turbo on it to knock the 2.5 engine from 170bhp up to 250bhp without changing the compression ration as the turbo is only a low pressure one. IIRC there was a Vauxhall Corsa in Total Vauxhall magazine a couple of years ago that had a 2.5 turbo in it using the exact same method. And the easy bit is, it just bolts straight onto the front bank :)

I dont need to lower the car as it already has a set of Irmscher Vectra ST springs (5mm lower than the Gsi springs and give an overall drop of 25mm) so will most likely just get poly bushes all round and the upper and lower, front and back srtut braces to stiffen it up a bit.

Wheels are going to be powder coated white which will be the only exterior mods on this car as the outside is just so mint and original I want to keep it that way.

So watch this space and i'm sure it wont be long before things start to change. Not too much to the looks of course as I want this original beuaty to stay this way.

are you just made of money or something :s tbh a scooby is a sensible family car ;) this is nice though

Scooby was costing me silly money just to run as it's mapped to use Super unleaded only. So it's made alot of sense getting this.

Well, the mods have started already lmao. Got the exhaust made staright through from the CAT back. Gonna get a 100cell Sports CAT over the next few weeks but bloody hell has it made a difference. I can see me being very happy with this car as it's not exactly slow out of the factory and with a little help could be very nice indeed.

Not quite there Waynne lmao. But we have managed to find a genuine Recaro Baby Bucket Seat thats almost the same as the standard Recaro Interior in the Vectra so jobs a goodn' ;)

Not quite there Waynne lmao. But we have managed to find a genuine Recaro Baby Bucket Seat thats almost the same as the standard Recaro Interior in the Vectra so jobs a goodn' ;)

sounds vaguely familiar lol

i had my vec gsi when little one was born so got the recaro baby seats to match the interior lol