Another amp problem

rob1468

Tuner
Car
saxovtr/mazda bongo
Right , bought the car with the head unit amp and speakers installed already all is working apart from the amp and the sub in the boot , the amp has 12v at the main power input on the amp , and i have live at the remote from the head unit to amp , earth is sound , its a kenwood kdc7201 amp which has a blue led on the top which is not lit , so to recap , live at both terminals on amp , earth is fine but no power to led light which should be blue , checked both fuses on amp and they are fine , anyone got an idea or is it a bin job
cheers rob

Couple of things you can check without having to replace anything...

1) Sound daft I know but check to see how many fuses your amp has. Some have more than one and might be worth checking these are sound.

2) Check your earthing point. If its bolted to the chassis in the boot, then undo the nut/bolt and scrape all the paint back to bare metal and try again.

3) take a small piece of amp wire and touch the 12v live and the remote to give the remote connection a direct feed to see if it's the terminal.

If all the above dont work, then might be time to replace the amp unless someone can suggest anything else ;)

1) Sound daft I know but check to see how many fuses your amp has. Some have more than one and might be worth checking these are sound.

2) Check your earthing point. If its bolted to the chassis in the boot, then undo the nut/bolt and scrape all the paint back to bare metal and try again.

3) take a small piece of amp wire and touch the 12v live and the remote to give the remote connection a direct feed to see if it's the terminal.

If all the above dont work, then might be time to replace the amp unless someone can suggest anything else ;)

Thanks for the points above , have checked the earth as its under the rear seat and its all good , the amp has two 30amp fuses which i have replaced just in case but still no joy , but i havent direct fed the remote so will try that in a bit to see if that helps lol ,will report back but thanks all the same
rob

another daft suggestion here the live feed from the battery should have an inline fuse have you checked this??

another daft suggestion here the live feed from the battery should have an inline fuse have you checked this??

cheers mate , and yes checked that ,

BAD63R Re: Another amp problem

If all the above dont work, then might be time to replace the amp unless someone can suggest anything else :wink: ;)

BAD63R your a gem , did the trick 12v live to remote and the old girl lit up , amp that is not the wife :embarrest: , so asumed it was h/unit end so struggled to get the h/unit out bloody security cages pmsl , and low and behold the remote lead wasnt attached to the live to amp , two connectors later and its working well the amp is :blink: , the big bom box in the boot still not working Mmmmmm so a little fiddle here and there and it fired into life , only for a split second though , my conclusion is sod it leave it for another day , well what ive decided to do is rewire the whole bloody lot , im going to get an amp kit and compleatly rewire from head unit back so i know its done properly :amuse:

update complete :p