An update-been quiet lately

stamford

Pro Tuner
Car
MG ZS200
Sorry if it feels like I have deserted you but I have been busy and focusing on other things lately.

As some of you might remember my wife had her Suzuki Jimny written off back in late November, well we only got the cheque through late last month! Well we lost the hire car the day before xmas day due to the ice and snow, so I was the taxi for a few weeks! We have now purchased a very nice MY2000 MGF SE 1.8i Wedgewood, 1 of a limited run of 500. Immaculate condition and with 56k on the clock. Now nursing a leaking water pump 2 days later! Booked in for a new one and belt.

During the time we paid a deposit for said 'F' and waiting for the cheque I also had the misfortune to have my Land Rover Discovery 2 hit by someone going way too fast in the slush! It is now being assessed and I fear it may be written off as well! The hire car is taking away the pain for now, nice VW Tiguan TDi 4motion.

My middle daughter has also bought a 1982 VW Scirocco GTi 1.8, so that is now her daily driver and lubricating the road outside our house! Work in progress for sure, needs some work but is MOT'd, taxed and insured.

So the house now boasts some 7 cars now! Youngest girls Citroen AX to do up, middle girls Citroen Xsara to get shot off, eldest Peugeot 106 with battery drain issues, my MG ZS200 which is now running sweetly and the others out on the drive!

No wonder I feel tired and my back has gone yet again!

Oh and somehow I have to shoehorn the dogs into the back of the Tiguan, they were confused and wondered why their noses were pressed up against the glass!

Cars, aren't they so much fun! :confused:

Hello and welcome back. Sorry to hear about your car woes. I can't beleive you're luck, I hope it changes soon.

My luck must change soon, it can't continue! It's enough to put you off for life!

The only thing out of all of this that raised a smile was my MG ZS. It has been sat idle and sorn'd since September, 'borrowed' a battery from my daughters car. Unplugged the fuel relay and cranked it over until the oil light went out, checked it over, plugged the relay back in and hit the button......................sweet :bigsmile: all 6 pots running nicely! God didn't it sound good! :bigsmile: Love affair back on.

Yeh my mate is getting a MG ZS180 soon. Nice cars and at least they are the ones that MG did decide to throw money at unlike the ZR and ZT.