An Old Newbie Newbie?

vitbmw

Car
VitaraJLXSE2.0L24v
Hi All! new to the site so I thought I'd just say hello and warn everyone that I'll be asking lots of questions and advice!

been around cars for a long time and started with a '65 anglia 105e that had a v8 in it! trashed that and a few other things along the way then got sensible(?) married, had kids and then got really sensible and got split! Nowt against the fairer sex and all that but the wrong side of 40 :( now and you know how it is (we never ever grow up) :blink1:.......

anyway, current motors:

1. 2008 BMW 530d M Sport - bog standard but a great car and great for those long trips :love:

2. black vitara fat lad - all the normal stuff on it but just lacks that something :embarrest: so work in progress but a great little drive - very go-cart like!

3. another (dark blue) fat lad - all the normal stuff except it's got a 2ltr 24 valve motor! quicker than most and only bought it a couple of days ago to be my main project car. I'd like it to be different but subtle if you know what i mean? I intend to upgrade the gearbox (too much torque for a street car with a standard box), diff, bling the engine, sort the suspension properly, leather bespoke interior and finally some nice ice! defo not gonna be a hair dresser's ride!:amazed:

well that's me so I'll see you all around soon!!!!

HI Vitbmw and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to have you along. I like your style - the sheer determination to avoid a hair dressers ride!

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome!:blink1: Yep it's gonna be a fun ride getting my car/s sorted just right. Deffo don't want a hair dressers car with my Vit so i'm gonna take some time and plan to do it right. The basics are there with the big v6 in it i just gotta decide how i do the things i want in a subtle way but at the same time make it different and interesting.

My main issue at the mo is getting the power thru the box (very low gearing and nothing in there for motorway running) to the wheels properly cause the clutch dosen't seem to be very smooth in operation and judders sometimes. The brakes have been upgraded already and stop it just fine but the suspension could be improved and of course the 'bling thing' in the engine bay, stainless exhaust, interior (full leather), wheels and everything else will take time and money!

Patience and time I've got loads of but money seems to be the hardest thing to collect!!:confused:

Well enough rambling - don't want to bore (scuse the pun!:embarrest:) you all but i got stuff to do! Thanks again for the warm welcome:wink:

Hi, excuse my ignorance but is the 'fat lad' the same as the bushwaker ? those ridiculously cool looking super wide arch flares etc ?

Hi Unityjon!

Sorry m8, 'fat lad' as i say (northern expression) is really the well known fatboy! Yep, they have both got the wide arches and they can look cool but for every good one you see there are at least two awful looking ones!!:cheesy: they are renowned as girlie cars but i find em a great fun drive more akin to a go cart and i want to make mine different and interesting. as you can see from my first one fo em has got a v6 24v motor in it but needs refining into a lads car. the other one i'm consdering turning it into a pick up/rod which i think would be very cool!:blink:

I'll keep thinking about it and get it all down in rough plan then decide how to get started and what sort of money i need to spend.:amazed: i'm guessing it won't be cheap whatever i do!

Cheers for now!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back