an old guy in a 1993 Impreza 1.8l

Car
1993 Subaru Impreza
hi all, from New Zealand....my car story..my landlord traded a rusty bucket Subaru legacy saloon for a 1993 Impreza 1.8l 5 speed with no rust and a bad running engine and stuffed suspension with a lot of body damage ... till I decided I would have a go at it ..first thing I did was give it a test drive and got stuck in and with 2 dead legacy's of my own as parts cars a 1991 GT with rusted out chassis and a 1995 2.5 with a dead engine..I replaced the suspension with the GT front and rear struts and changed the rear drum brakes with the disc brakes off the 2.5l and the sway bar and all the mounts...the engine= new crank sensor , modded the crank keyway to advance the timing , put the 2.5l fuel pump in and replaced the injectors from a 1997 1.8l engine..the wheels and tyres are 15 inch rims off the 2.5l ,..
I think it runs ok for a 1.8l but I'd like to run the 2.5l front sway bar as it is a bigger bar ...now the problems start..dose any one know if the 2.5l front cross member will swap over into the Impreza ? if it will go in then I will see if the GT's turbo exhaust headers {2 into 1} will bolt on and most of the exhaust pipe as its new ...no I don't have plans to bolt the turbo into it..but if I did it would be nice if the turbo exhaust was fitted ..I have pushed out all the dents and fixed everything to make it look tidy and the car sits high with the GT struts in and I'm leaving it that way as the landlord has decided to give the car to me and I use it to collect fire wood and run his kids around the place and they are giving me free petrol ...its summer time here!

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back