An ICE 2:DIN Setup in a Hyundai Coupe !!!

Dewar

Car
None As Yet
I am considering buying a Hyundai Coupe and I am also one of those people that need to know everything there is to know before I commit to buying one.

Just lately, I have been looking at a 2 DIN ICE System, with Sat Nav, Reversing cameras, the works really, something like the ALPINE INE-S900R.

My question to anyone that would like to offer any advise is...

Can you fit a 2 DIN Setup in a Hyundai Coupe, and also, given that the retro circular dials, are just various sensors of temperature etc, can these be removed to accommodate the 2 DIN Setup ?

Any ideas...

Anything can be done with regards to ICE, the only limiting factor is your wallet!
Is your budget sensible or wishful? If you really want this done and you want it done right first time then contact these people: http://www.themotormediacompany.co.uk/default.htm

Give them a call and have a chat, if you like what they have to say, then take your car down there for a survey.

Anything can be done with regards to ICE, the only limiting factor is your wallet!
Is your budget sensible or wishful? If you really want this done and you want it done right first time then contact these people: http://www.themotormediacompany.co.uk/default.htm

Give them a call and have a chat, if you like what they have to say, then take your car down there for a survey.

You on commission? :toung:

Did we ever start a recommend a business/garage thread? It might be worth doing one if we haven't, possibly done region as well? :)

Well our young Prince brought it to Obi Waynne's attention again Loz, Waynne has deemed it a good idea and has said that it is moving up the queue of things to do now that he has finished the main works on the new website.
So I think it is a case of watch this space! :)

T9 man, and not forgetting Loz of course,

Thank you for your advice, and whether or not you are or are getting a commission from the website you have just directed me too, or not, I will still shop around.

However, Loz maybe onto a good idea of setting up a page of Localised, Member Area based recommendations, for all services that you cover in your topics, and not just ICE.

That way, someone like me, who lives in London, could be sure as they can be, that a reputable company in Scotland, would more than likely provide the same quality of service to people in my area (providing there is a branch/or the company could recommend another branch) or use a similar recommended company that other Members have actually paid money to use.

You could create a numbered form for your members to print out and take to the company, asking for a discount, in exchange for advertising on the site.

I'm sure that the Members, like me on this site, would be cheeky enough to do this if we thought we were going to get 10% off a 2 DIN ICE System...

This will also raise revenue to support the site etc...

Anyway, at the moment it is wishful thinking, but my main concern really, is if an actual 2 DIN System would fit into a Hyundai Coupe, because I haven't seen one, in one yet...

T9 man, and not forgetting Loz of course,
Anyway, at the moment it is wishful thinking, but my main concern really, is if an actual 2 DIN System would fit into a Hyundai Coupe, because I haven't seen one, in one yet...

Bless you! :blink: well just to put things into perspective for you!!! Neither Loz or myself get commission on any websites we recommend! What we get is the total satisfaction that the websites that we have recommended helps others! I am currently in the enviable position of being able to buy what I want and when I want! The people that I have recommended have done works on Ferrari's, Bentleys, Lamborghini's and Rolls Royce Phantoms, so I am quite sure that they can accommodate anything a Hyundai can throw at them!!!!
Feel free to go wherever you wish, as it is your choice and your prerogative! and at the end of the day you asked our advice!! :) There are lots of other people around who may well be able to do the job for you and do it well, but the companies I give my name too are without equal.

I wish you the very best of luck in your search ;)

T9 man,

I am so envious and yet really pleased to know that, because I can now read into your posts with a lot more confidence knowing that you have a background such as you have.

Thank you again, and when I post again, I hope it's when I've got all the information I need to get what I want done...

Thanks...

I've seen double din headunits in Hyundai Coupes so yes it is possible.
I'm unsure as to what's needed or if anything needs to be moved but a decent car audio centre should be able to do something for you.
Or if money is a bit sparse then i'm sure we can guide you in the process my friend. ;)

Thanks turbonutter69,

I'll definitely come back for advice if I need it, as I have found that this is a great site, full of helpful and knowledgeable people.

If you have seen Double Din Heads in the Coupe, and you manage to get a picture, please post that if you can, because I would be really interested to see how they have arranged the setup...

This at the minute is the only pic I can find. I'm unsure where the gauges have gone but it wouldn't too hard to mount them on the A pillar or ontop of the dashboard somewhere.

Image0026.jpg

Hi turbonutter69,

Thanks for that...

That looks really interesting, and yes, I wonder where they have put the gauges too..

Although the LED just under the Hazzard Warning would service all three, I would have thought, because after all, the gauges they have removed are just really sensory, Temp, MPG etc...

Do you mean the little LCD readout?
I would of thought that would be down to ECU compatibility as the original gauges are analogue if I remember correctly?
If that's the case then I don't think the ECU is up to the job.
But in any case it's not too hard to move the gauges elsewhere.

Hi Hi turbonutter69,

Yes I did mean the little LCD readout and I have just found a photo of the actual cockpit that I am trying to describe, which should show the issue I am asking advice for, a bit better...

"How did you insert that image, all I get is enter a URL"

Hi Dewar, looking at that picture TN very kindly located for you, it looks like the cigarette lighter socket and ashtray next to it would be the ideal place to have a little pod made up to have the gauges relocated there.

T9 man,

If that could be done that would do me just fine, that way it would leave a perfect 2 DIN space for, well anything I wanted really...

Big thanks to turbonutter69 in helping me to post this too...

turbonutter69,

I haven't seen that before...

Given that the cockpit in these coupés are quite cosy anyway, I think I'd have to see one in place before I think of getting it done, although like that, it would really feel like a cockpit...