American Cars

hi i have a dodge ram rumble bee with 24 chrome wheels any one out there to chat with

That sounds awesome Strick. Hope you post up some pics when you get to 10 posts. Have you had it long? Any modifications other than the wheels?

Now there's a job Lutonmatt! Are you buying parts or getting chrome applied to the existing parts?

am buying them all done will get a pic tomorrow as it is now and have a before pic does look a lot better

i would get some done but its trying to find the places that do chroming and cheap

Sorry Lutonmatt - PMs are only available to those with over 10 posts! You can send them but bobdylon can't recieve them yet.

Welcome to the forum bobdylon its nice to have you along. Are the Yanks a project you are getting round to then?

ah thats a good idea gets more people posting
we have some on the pontiac club that have less then ten and have been on there for years
i have been on there since last march gone up the ranks now on the committee and the events manager and have 11700 posts only one bloke above me he has 11800 chairman has more but he added them himself and not by posting

Maybe I should raise the limit to 1000 posts then! :lol:

It was actually to prevent people abusing the system - most people that want to spam can't be bothered to make 10 posts.

yeah they are both third gens the TA is just a standard black 5.0v8 with T tops (aka KITT) but with a 5 speed manual
the camaro is a Z28 hard top that had a 5.0v8 HO lump and a 5 speed manual but i bought it without the engine and box as a project and i have since found the original box but the engine was scraped about 3 weeks before i found them

the TA used to get used till the clutch went and i decided that it needed loads of work to pass the MOT and it hasn't been used for about 3 years now and in desperate need of lots of work

the camaro is currently a bodyshell up on big stands while i do some rust removal and i have a 5.7 block sat inthe garage waiting for me to finish the other project so i can put some money into it

the other project is a 3.5v8 mk1 mondeo with 4 wheel drive which is about 75% done before it goes for its SVA (or BIVA if its not finished in time)

keep thinking about getting a 3rd gen as well as the 2nd gen but having the money is the problem there was a bloke at billing on sunday were i was at the club stand and gave us a for sale bit of paper selling his 3rd gen for 650 was thinking about ok it needs work but there is nothing i cant do

most i have had a once was 2 vans 1 lexus 1 trans am and a bike

just down to my 2 cars at the mo but do want another trans am
can never have to many cars

nice videos! It seems camaros and mustangs are a dime a dozen over here but you dont see many of the older model TA like yours here any more. Nice work!

there are not to many 2nd gens and very few 1st gens i am one of the high ones on the pontiac club and most of us on there have 3rd or 4th gens

so its good for 2nd gen prices as well
but there are not to many in the states most of them are 3rd gens but good old ebay.com sorts all my bits out

Hey everyone, i'm new to the forum and i'm not quite sure if it's consiterd a muscle car or not. i guess the GM, Gbody cars get mixed feelings as to what they are consiterd. i'm quite pleased with the wealth of info that's on here. i have an 85' Buick Regal with the Original 3.8L that im doing as project car. im hoping to find something on this forum about custom turbo charger installs. ive tried alot of the GN/GNX forums and you wouldnt believe the Negitive feedback that i would get..but people on here seem to be alot more helpfull and supportive of others as i have read a few other threads on here.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, nice to meet you.

We are a very friendly forum and happily share our experiences and pass on tips. I find most of the one make forums like a hive mind and anything out of the ordinary gets ridiculed or mocked! :(

Feel free to get stuck into our many topics and discussions.

Hey and Welcome to the forums,

I've always liked the look of the Regal/GNX, what plans do you have for her apart from turbocharging it?, the GNX used a turbo'd V6 didn't it, have you thought about finding one of those to transplant in?

Thank you all for the warm welcomes',... yea i tried finding an already 3.8 Turbo GN to get the running gear and such out of, but there is maybe 3 in the province where i live and they are all in mint condition(go figure lol). aside from trying a turbo install im going to do some interior work such as switching the roofliner and all the fabric on the inside of the doors, and doing a custom fiberglass for the sub woofers and amps in the trunk,. im also going to do the body and paint.. im hoping to start a progress album on here in the next month or so.