Alternatives for miller oil

Eagle430

Car
Citroen DS3 1.6 thp
Hi all members
I own a Citroen DS3, 1.6 turbo , upgrades a few parts and from stock 155bhp now is delivering 233bhp

I have used Miller oil 5w40 NT+ CFS oil for the last year with out any issues, I was quite happy with it.
However now the local dealer will not be importing it to my county ,.so i looking for an alternative.
I was thinking about the redline 5w40 oil as a next close alternative. I don't know how they compare ? If the miller is far superior than redline ?
Also I am not using my car for racing or track days , I use it for daily drive and occasional fast b road driving

All top quality oils are manufactured to an SAE standard, so can be relied on. Check what the rally team for the Citroën are using, that will help point you. But as you are extracting so much power from the car, think about changing the oil and filter far more frequently, especially if you are pushing the car hard frequently. As low as 6000k if you hammer it. Are you running an oil cooler? Do you know what temperature your oil is running at? These are important in keeping your motor safe.

If your oil temperature is reaching 115C - 120C regularly it needs a cooler. Aim for around 100C to 110C.

Good luck

Good advise ^^^^^^^^

When it comes to oil sponsorship signs on race cars I was told that it doesn't always mean that the regular over the counter grade is being used in race engines and at times it will be the race engine builders (whose reputation is at stake) recommended brand and grade is in the sponsors branded containers that will be on display in the pits.

Good advise ^^^^^^^^

When it comes to oil sponsorship signs on race cars I was told that it doesn't always mean that the regular over the counter grade is being used in race engines and at times it will be the race engine builders (whose reputation is at stake) recommended brand and grade is in the sponsors branded containers that will be on display in the pits.
That's an interesting point, but I bet a dig around the blogs and websites you'd probably find some information. But these days with fully synthetic oils I bet, for road car use, there is not much between them and if you are reducing change intervals because of high stress situations, I should have thought it was quite so critical, as all oils have to meet unified standards nowadays.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back