almera speed restricted

mymotorbike

Car
1.4 esteem almera
i have a 1998 almera 1.4 its got 1.6 gearbox on it iv had it 125mph in fourth it limted 6700rpm then changed into fith and limted still doin 125mph but at 5500rpm there must be a restricta how do u remove this

its defently a restricta because it just stops accelerating slows dwn to 120mph then goes bk to 125mph does the sme thing again the car limits at 7000 rpm its doin this at 5500rpm and its has got the power because i was goin down hill lol :p

Hi there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us.

You have hit the upper limit of the engines power overcoming wind resistance (drag). A hill does very little to change this. Firstly, we'll all assume that you are legally doing these speeds on a track as it would be pretty silly to attempt this on a public road. If we thought you were doing this on the road then we would have to delete this thread in accordance with our terms and conditions.

The top speed for a 1.4 Almera is 107mph, taking into account the speedo error this would equate to around an indicated speedo reading of 125.

Maxing out an engine like this puts a lot more strain on the engine that people think. If your oil is slightly out of grade or the engine is slightly imbalanced you can end up with some serious engine damage.

You'll only find speed restrictions on import Almeras (limited to 110mph). As said, this is just your engine running out of puff. The gear ratio on the GA boxes (you have a GA14DE engine) provides a longer 5th which is really for cruising.