Alloys

Lance Armpong

From
Eastbourne, UK
Car
Saab 900 turbo vert
Hello all!

I have a set of Saab 17" alloys which i think are called Daytona, they need a refurb, does anyone know how much they are worth? i did read that they are quite rare and sought after???????

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Can you post up a pic for us (you will need 10 posts though)

A nice set of used alloys is generally worth £75 - £125 each. In mint condition they will probably sell for more than this. A refurb though will probably cost about £50 per wheel depending on where you go to get it done. Have a look at our DIY section as there is a refurbing alloy wheels thread in there you might find interesting.

wardyc

Tuner
From
Sydney, Australia
Car
Nissan Maxima 3.0L
hey yeh two questions to add to this
- do people generally want stock standard alloys with cars (im putting better rims on my maxima and was wondering if ill get decent money back)
and
- what are the wheels where the actually rim design is concaved so it wont come up against gutter rash

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Sock alloys on a luxury model are the upgrade for the base model with steel wheels so yes there is usually a market for them, especially if they are in good condition.

Deep dish or split rims I think are what you mean by concaved.

turbo

Wrench Pro
From
Carlisle
Car
saab 9-3 tid
Not heard of a Daytona Saab wheel. Most likely to be off an Aero or Viggen as these were the cars fitted with 17" alloys. How old are they?