Alloys

Chippy657

Torque Junkie
Car
Peugeot 206 LX
Not looking at getting a set any time soon but any ideas on black alloys as i dont have a clue what to look for and cant really find a wide range

any ideas would be superb!!!:blink1:

get a set you really like, doesnt matter about colour as you can get them painted or powdercoated to black.
just stay away from 5 spoke ones, especially cheap ones, as they can be turned into a pentagon very easy on UK roads

I'd say the same as PG, if you find a style you like colour/finish can always be changed,

have a look on ebay as there are hundreds of different styles on there, will try and find the name of the compant i got my last 2 sets off cos they are really good

as for colour changes etc

anywhere like this can do them for you:

http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/alloywheels.php

(i have never dealt with company so cant recomend them or say what their work is like was just a link i found for you to look at)

i will say though dont go for cheapest price if you hunt round for quotes (same for anything really)

colourwise it depends what sort of a look your after, personally im not a great fan of black wheels although they can look good on certain cars, what colour is your car?

budget tyres might not be so bad, and for the price well....

decent 15" tyres will cost around £50-60 each

most bodyshops around here paint them but only a few do powdercoting so ask around

go you reckon you could restore your own wheels and paint them?
I have a nice set at the minute style wise but are severly scratched. I think i might have a go and if it looks crap i will just buy a new set what you reckon?

I think your the guy who said hes learning to drive, its probably best to stick to some cheapish alloys atm as no matter how good you think you are at driving your probably going to curb them anyway.

If there not scratched too deeply restoring them shouldnt be too much of a problem and for some reason ive got it into my head that when it comes to tyres its best not to skimp.

With the push pull method you cant really chuck a car round a corner more dribble it round, The first post says im not looking at getting alloys in the near future because i am learning and will curb them i am fully aware of this hence the next option- refurb and respray, found a nice how to on 206info.co.uk so will use this and post the results when done

Looking at the wheels fitted to most modified cars I see, kerbing isn't restricted to new drivers.

If they fitted the right sized tyres a lot of the damage would be avoided :)

ugh tell me about i just kirbed mine twice in one day :( i wanted to cry the frontone, and then the back one

and with alloys the bigger the better :D

Looking at the wheels fitted to most modified cars I see, kerbing isn't restricted to new drivers.

If they fitted the right sized tyres a lot of the damage would be avoided :)

I sometimes wonder whether having alloys with mangled edges and tyres with scuffs and cuts is becoming fashionable!

So many midi size 4x4's or oversize people carriers are used around here to take kids 500 yards between home and school. Is it some kind of perverse statement ie. I can afford this car (perhaps you can't it's on a 3 million year HP plan) and I want to appear to so financially viable that I can afford to smash up my wheels and tyres.

And then the ubiquitous BOB sticker becomes visible.

Fashion statement - smash the road wheels to bits so it looks like I have a really good reason for driving an off-roader.

what colour car do you have! i think only a few types of cars and a few type of colours can get away with black alloys!

Got a Dark green peugeot 206 with black and green colour coding (accept the grey dash) exhaust is black filler cap is black and i want to change the peugeot badge at the front to black, looks really nice with black alloys as when in surrey i saw the same car with black alloys and it looked nice!!!

why not try black with diamond cut rim or even an anthracite colour (i've got anthracite with chrome lip/dish on mine at the min)

choosing wheels is a nightmare cos there are so many to choose, took me nearly a month of looking to finally decide which ones i wanted, best way to do it though is to just paint you old ones for now, cheaper and saves kurbing new ones :)

sprayed my old ones with hammerite bbq paint lol cos i wasnt a matt effect, looked kinda cool (but that was on my old silver vectra not the s14)

B&Q Homebase Wicks. any decent hardware shop will have it, or a more local one should be able to order it in for you.

never heard of BBQ paint butim assuming its the same as stove paint

not sure if i can post here..............anyway i need some tips on alloy wheels.
i own a kia sportage lx 2009 and i want to replace those low wheel base wheels....................but dont know if they are good for this vehicle and if they are then what type is the right one......................
cheers

used bbq paint for a matte finish? where you get that from cos i want a matte finish and didnt know how i would do it!!!

got mine from halfords, just prepped wheels as normal and then sprayed them, no need for laquer.

will see if i can find some pics of them on me old vec

cheers buddy, i got that matte paint as i used it for my interior but would advise lacquering it as it does not give a shine but it protects the paint work, suppose its personal preference though!