Alloy wheels for Renault Clio 1.2 Mk2

bonyad

Wrench Pro
Car
Renault Clio 1.2i
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what kind of rims I should get for my 2003 Clio? And what size I should get?

Firstly I was thinking maybe 17" but i'm wondering if it will look like the car is basically on stilts! So maybe 16" will suit the car better without having to lower suspension etc.

I'm looking for reasonably priced rims as its my first car and i'm not really wanting to spend alot of money on it.

Also what tyre width etc does a Renault Clio require?

Cheers!

as its a small car try and stick to similar width tyres ok maybe 10mm wider but dont go crazy.
have you thought about looking to see if you can find some 172 alloys. get them standard looking

Ok cheers. I dont really like the look of the 172 alloys so i'd prefer some branded ones like Team Dynamics or Dezent etc.

just watch we had a member on here that lost a lot of economy by fitting 17" wheels ended up having to remove them.

do you homework and see if you can turn up some lightish ones that are similar to your normal weight

Yeah I will do. It messes with your speedometer aswell doesnt it?

Ideally I'll want 16" rims so if anyone knows where I can get a decent pair of 16" alloys with tyres that would be great.

I've currently got the std plastic 15" trims on my car atm :(

speedometer isnt too bad as most speedo read under normally anyway. if you stick within close limits ( theres a calculator on here ) you shouldnt have any problems

hey,
i wouldnt recomend getting anythign bigger than 15's. i recently fitted 18's with Toyo proxy ultra low profile tyres. and it effects economy horribly, id recomend some team dynamics 15's as their lightweight and u can lower your ride with 15's.