Alloy painting

dannybhoy67

Car
Vauxhall corsa 2011
Hi guys, first post on here!
Ive got a black 1.2 corsa energy (2011) and wanting to respray the alloys on them, thinking possibly black and red! Just wondering how to go about it? do most garages offer this or is it something that be done yourself?
cheers

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars car Forum :)

Feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.

Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspirational ideas towards your own very special project!

Enjoy! :)

probably going to get it done professionally, dont really trust myself haha! cheers lads

I know where your coming from with that! Sprayed a brake caliper a few years ago and it looked ok, then I thought, just give it one more coat that ought to do it, NO :amazed::embarrest: you would not believe what happened next! after that fiasco I decided to leave these things to professional people only :lol:

Cannot say as it was way to embarrassing, but I now where my talents are and it is not in spraying :bigsmile:

It's all the prep work. Expect to pay around £200 for a full set of wheels to be done professsionally. But to do it yourself you may only pay around £50 for materials.

Why don't you buy a cheap set to practise with? I've now sprayed 3 sets on wheels and currently doing a fourth. Practise makes perfect.

If you was gonna have it done proffesionally you'd be much better off getting them powder coated. It's much more durable than paint & it'll never start to flake. Seen lots of painted rims over the years & the majority look tatty after a few years of road salt, poor up keep & shabby cleaning. Powder coating FTW. :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back