Allo folks!

skittis

Car
none
Hi, saw this website an thought it seemed be interesting.

I'm 18, not got a car...yet! Looking to learn to drive over the summer an buy my first car pretty soon. Any suggestion are very welcome.

Cheers

Hi and welcome. Insurance is your biggest problem. Where are you from?

Why not get a Saxo or Fiesta to start with, when you've got some no claims discount then you will be able to get a bigger and better car.

hi and welcome to TC,

budget plays a big part in first cars, as insurance is a nightmare, like waynne said prob best of sticking to something small to start with get a years no claim, save up a bit more cash and then look for something you really want :)

i went through some proper sheds when i first passed just to keep insurance costs as low as possible and get a couple of year no claims b4 i put my money into something i really wanted without having to pay massive amounts to insurance company.

Hi and welcome. Insurance is your biggest problem. Where are you from?

Why not get a Saxo or Fiesta to start with, when you've got some no claims discount then you will be able to get a bigger and better car.

Probably the two worst cars to get for you first car insurence wise, i was looking at both of these cars and insurers were quoting me little below 2 grand even for the 1.1 models.

Apparently when i asked why all the insurers seem to have it in there heads that these are boy racer cars and have statistics that say that these are one of the highest accident prone cars for the age group.

yup an whn they came out the whole point of the cheaply put together car was to make insurance cheap

my 1.1 fiesta was around £700 to insure

Im playing like £1.3k for a VW Polo cl coupe. Cheapest I could find. Used to be really nippy untill I blew the engine :( Adrian Flux is my number one insurance company. Very helpful

Im playing like £1.3k for a VW Polo cl coupe. Cheapest I could find. Used to be really nippy untill I blew the engine :( Adrian Flux is my number one insurance company. Very helpful

Adrian Flux has always been too expensive for me have. I have found loads that are alot cheaper than them.
I'm with churchill now and i'm paying £700 or £800 I can't quite remember. Thats for the year fully comp. And it's also my first year on my own insurance.

This is my first year of driving and jumped onto my own insurance straight away. Family have a traders policy so I didnt want to be put onto that in case I ruin my dads no claims bonus.

its worth trying some of the supermarkets for car insurance, just do it over the internet to get the quotes will only take 5 mins. I ended up with using Tesco for my first 2 yrs as they were the cheapest, still running one policy with them and one with Churchill.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back