Alfa 159

Lord Melch

Hi All,

Any recommendations where to take my Bella for tuning / performance :confused:

I have contacted Red Dot, Auto Delta and Angel so far..

Some say ECU re-map, some say na.. remap no good you need an exhaust..

Hi Lord Melch and welcome to TorqueCars its nice to have you along. Before you do a remap you should really get all the other mods done first. Angel seem to have quite a following of fans. So the mods I would do first are.

https://www.torquecars.com/alfa_romeo/159-tuning.php

Induction kit, sports exhaust & sport cat, FSE fuel boost valve, brake upgrades and then cams and a remap. (Cams and brakes are the biggest jobs so you can leave these out if you want to!)

If you want to improve the already sharp handling you might want to go with some suspension upgrades.

Last edited:
Yes I have heard good things about them. To be honest I haven't heard good or bad from the others you mentioned so I can't really comment or compare them.

You'll have to get to 10 posts then you can upload a pic of your car. What colour is it?

yes definatly a remap will tune the car to what you have as soon as you change a variable like air filter or exhaust its sends the peramiters out so the maps no good .and try and do all the mods and map close to gether no good spanking a car with modds and no control

yes definatly a remap will tune the car to what you have as soon as you change a variable like air filter or exhaust its sends the peramiters out so the maps no good .and try and do all the Modifications and map close to gether no good spanking a car with modds and no control

Sorry ? Ahh do any mods before a remap.. So what's all the stuff about a learning map ?? Rubbish ? Sounds like it to me.. :rolleyes:

think its 20 posts for a link

now been authorised

Thank you :)

OK a few piccies...

front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou.

Now for a few piccies,

As you can see paintwork pretty sorted now.

front.jpg

Hence wanting to play with performance :lol:

mirrorroof.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lord Melch and welcome to TorqueCars its nice to have you along. Before you do a remap you should really get all the other Modifications done first. Angel seem to have quite a following of fans. So the Modifications I would do first are.

Induction kit, sports exhaust & sport cat, FSE fuel boost valve, brake upgrades and then cams and a remap. (Cams and brakes are the biggest jobs so you can leave these out if you want to!)

If you want to improve the already sharp handling you might want to go with some suspension upgrades.

Can you actually get sports exhausts for an Alfa..

I looked on this site and the make doesn't even seem to be listed.. :confused:

Bikes are much easier :mrgreen:

think its 20 posts for a link

now been authorised

Thanks..

Wierd stuff going on.

I created a post, added some links to Photobucket piccies, click submit - gone :confused:

Then edited a post added a link to another forum (maybe you don't allow piccie uploads) - click Submit - was there, now gone.. :confused:

Strange..

There is something wierd going on. The posts have all been put in the moderation queue! I have authorised the posts. I think you just had to wait to be upgraded it should be ok now. Perhaps it is 20 posts after all for images to miss the moderation queue! I'll look into this. The car is looking great. Love the colour and the headlights - they look mean n moody!

Wayne,

Thanks, a babe IMHO :mrgreen:

There is something wierd going on. The posts have all been put in the moderation queue! I have authorised the posts. I think you just had to wait to be upgraded it should be ok now. Perhaps it is 20 posts after all for images to miss the moderation queue! I'll look into this. The car is looking great. Love the colour and the headlights - they look mean n moody!

1.9 jtdm must have mods to give the car the power it should have.
1. Blank egr
2. Gut dpf
3. remap out both above with soprts map
4, straight through twin exit stainless exhaust.
5. if over 60k new inlet manifold with swirls intact, add oil catch tank from breather.
This will transform the car into a very rapid refined crusier, and like the petrol twincam will put a smile on your face, standard form will not.

was 150bhp now just above 200 plus lots of extra torque and you feel it with a very light tap on the throttle.
Will spin the wheels in 3rd in the dry with new tyres if you press too enthusiastically, 4th gear is the new 3rd....forza Alfa forever...beauty and now power to match.