alfa 156 noob :)

Bashire

Car
alfa 156 1.8ts 16v
hi ive just passed my mot on my alfa 156 1.8 ts but the backbox is on the way out. its 1998 model what would you guys recomend also what aftermarket airfilter would you guys recomend
iam also after a engine strut brace but cant find one anywere
the car has done 180000 miles what should i look out for in regardes of parts needing replaced or checked
thx

Hi there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. I would stick with a cotten panel air filter unless you really wanted the noise from an induction kit. In which case it is essential that you get a cold air feed for it.

I would get the engine compression tested to see what the wear is like on the pistons. Hopefully it has been carefully serviced and all cylinders will be fairly equal.

Backboxes are very subjective and it depends what sort of sound you like I would try to get a Remus exhaust if I were an Alfa owner they have a nice note.

A good garage should be able to fabricate a strut brace for you if you can't find any car specific ones.

Last edited:
hi waynne could you give me a link to a good induction kit
also were should i go to check engine compression what garage is highly recomended?