alfa 156 advise needed

W

webbs

alfa 156 v6. 1999. a light on top right of dash is permanently on. it displays a red injector symbol. has anyone come across this, if so any advise. ????

Hi webbs, welcome to torquecars. I'll see what info I can dig up for you - these electrical faults can be a real pain to track down.

before i bought car,there had been slight prob with positive terminal on battery,the AA fitted new term clamp. it is wrong one as was pointed out. it won't do up real tight,so occasionally i have to just twist the black box there to re-enforce coonection.for pre-2000 models the cable with terminal lead on is not available any. so i will have to take it to an auto-electrics for them to connect it tightly,or i may pack it with some lead and tighten it onto there with lead wrapped round positive stem of battery. anyhow. i got a workshop disc,looked for faults,causes and remedies. it wasn't too helpfull,but it did mention that the yellow key lighting up on the dash,and the red injector symbol could be the result of low amps,or volts being supplied to car elecs, maybe the ecu, i dunno.,ad i'm thinking could this bat connection prob i'm also experiencing be connected. ha ha, short q and thought on this isn't it.
apart from that i love the motor. want the gtv next i think. me exhaust was blowing... thought i'd replace with the s/s. it looks nice. its being fitted today. i bought it off ebay. quite good deal i think. was £250. fitted for 40.
cheers for gettin back anyhow mate !!!
Does sound like a bad earth. Is it worse in the cold? If so could just be a dodgy battery. Make the contact with a good conducting metal not lead as this is a terrible conductor. Has the car been chipped or had its ECU reprogrammed?