Air intake swap info needed

Titas

Tuner
Car
2000 Toyota Corolla
my car's a 2000 Toyota Corolla CE and i'm thinking of getting a cone intake filter. The problem is my curent money problem. I can only afford to buy a univeral cone filter without all the tubing. I dont know how to replace the stock intake box with the aftermarket cone filter. Do i just take the box off and replace it with the cone filter, or is it more complex then that. I just want to find out what size to get and what i'll need before i actually buy the product. If anyone has any info please leave a comment Thanks.

two options really 1.save up for one that is made for your car or 2.Buy a performance panel filter. Normally u have to remove the air box and associated pipe work as the after market filter kits come with pipe work normally to relocate the filter into a direct flow of cold air and has all the ancillary's for any sensors fitted to the oem pipe work of course u can replicate the pipe work and move the filter to where ever u want to but often once u have brought the pipe work and any other bits and bobs it soon adds up to more than buying one of the shelf. I wouldn't touch a universal air filter from ebay as i have seen them wipe out maf sensors many of the top performance air filter manufactures do there own line of universal filters u just need to get the right dimensions of the space available and your inside and outside diameter of your pipe work.

Howdo.
Open cones in the bonnet just suck in hot air unless you spend a fortune on fabricating a heat shield.
So if you want open cone it's best to site it away from the engine, in the wing or behind the front grill or bumper. Use a fog-light hole to let air in perhaps, ducted to it with some pipe work.

Or best off get a closed IK. Even if you get a universal kit you should be able to tell where your MAF is. It will be between the air filter housing and the throttle body, there will be wires coming from it. If you basically stick your closed IK onto the end of the same pipe that your air filter box was you'll be fine.

try here:

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/

and

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/

for closed IKs and ducting, you should be able to work out what you need by measuring pipe diameters.

I agree, buy cheap, buy twice.

Currently im running with a Pipercross Venom, but before I came to that conclusion I've walked this path:

OEM paper filter > K&N Replacement Filter > K&N open powerfilter > Raid HP Powerfilter > Pipercross Venom

The Venom works very well for me and is a good improvement over all the before said