Air Intake Kit write up question

Yup, I have a great idea that my mate is doing with his 1.8 vtec converted CRX (old shape not the Del Sol). He bought a kit which i'll link you below that has gone on very well. The only thing he had to buy on the side is pistons, rods and arp bolts, and also some custom chips and mapping for the ecu but check this out for value for money...:)

Link Here.

Crikey! That is so cheap it is almost worth the risk :) My modified T4 cost nearly 3 times that!!!

I hope the turbo is made from heat resistant plastic.

is it worth putting some ally pipe on the entrance to the airbox (wher the air gets sucked in) to the front grill to my car to ram the cold air into the air box my car is a 1.1 206

thanks

yes it is mate, cause i do know that the intake on those is restricted go for some stuff that is the same diameter as the intake to the airbox and you don't have to use alloy pip pvc is all that is needed and is loads cheaper get it from B&Q or somewhere like that

cheers mate i did it today actually it feels more responsive and sounds alot better only problem i had is wher to put it becoz there is no open airflow spaces

Mates, what a stroke of luck. I was given the opportunity to try out 1) Simota open pot and 2) Simota Intake Shark Carbon Charger II!

Open pot makes my low really sluggish but it sounds really fierce. carbon charger II on the other hand is not that loud but low end loss is almost negligible.

Please correct me if I am wrong, both intakes although having less than desirable low end performances; do increase HP and Torque at high end. Is my butt feeling correct? Anyone can advice?

On the flip side, the exhaust. If i keep my stock filter and smoothen the fins and increase pipe size by 20-30%, would that also increase HP and torque? If so, it would be better as I would then be able to retain my low end performance while gaining HP and Torque at the high end.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mates, what a stroke of luck. I was given the opportunity to try out 1) Simota open pot and 2) Simota Intake Shark Carbon Charger II!

Open pot makes my low really sluggish but it sounds really fierce. carbon charger II on the other hand is not that loud but low end loss is almost negligible.

Please correct me if I am wrong, both intakes although having less than desirable low end performances; do increase HP and Torque at high end. Is my butt feeling correct? Anyone can advice?

On the flip side, the exhaust. If i keep my stock filter and smoothen the fins and increase pipe size by 20-30%, would that also increase HP and torque? If so, it would be better as I would then be able to retain my low end performance while gaining HP and Torque at the high end.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there! I have had both versions of the Simota intake systems that you mentioned fitted to my modified Saab and to be frank with you, I thought they were both rubbish, all noise and no-go! maybe they will perform better on your car? but I can recommend BSR and BMC. Other quality units to investigate are Pipercross and K&N. These kits can offer you some gains, but for me they only came into their own after I had a remap done on a rolling road. Found out the hardway that there are so many copy units of the Simota's around, that you are never really sure what you are getting unless you know the suppliers, or they have been recommended to you by somebody knowledgeable and reliable.

Good luck with the car mods, and i'm sure somebody here will have a fuller explanantion of the exhaust system for you! :)

Hi there! I have had both versions of the Simota intake systems that you mentioned fitted to my modified Saab and to be frank with you, I thought they were both rubbish, all noise and no-go! maybe they will perform better on your car? but I can recommend BSR and BMC. Other quality units to investigate are Pipercross and K&N. These kits can offer you some gains, but for me they only came into their own after I had a remap done on a rolling road. Found out the hardway that there are so many copy units of the Simota's around, that you are never really sure what you are getting unless you know the suppliers, or they have been recommended to you by somebody knowledgeable and reliable.

Good luck with the car mods, and i'm sure somebody here will have a fuller explanantion of the exhaust system for you! :)

Hey T9, thanks for the heads up. I will be more wary.

Thanks again, Jarrus for advice too.

I will come back with updates if any good ones comes :)..

Gurus/Masters, I am thinking of removing the CAT (not the one at the mid pipe) but the one shown in the picture (pic 1) of my R18A (CIVIC FD1 AT).

For an AT car, will there be negative or positive impact.

I am currently fitted with a SIMOTA Dragon Air Intake (like the K&N Apollo) but I took out the CAI hose and placed a open mouth guide-like a trumpet's mouth (as show in pic 2 and 3).

The entire piping is almost parallel to the ground (straight but bends at the Throttle body) as shown in pic 4.

Pic 1.
58489_149977151692199_100000397448278_317449_728876_n.jpg

Pic 2.
47969_149977245025523_100000397448278_317451_6896439_n.jpg

Pic 3.
59108_149977238358857_100000397448278_317450_7350558_n.jpg

Pic 4.
47339_149977601692154_100000397448278_317452_5850884_n.jpg

Any idea if decating at the exhaust manifold will improve the performance of this engine.

My current exhaust pipe is stock (not 2").

Cheers all!

James