air filter problem

tanxunhong

Car
Subaru STI
i've just changed my orginal air filter into HKS racing suction filter.
but the workshop(sungbeng) installed the filter itself without the piping as my dad driven it to install. so now whenever we drive to a certain RPM, the air intake sound start to have gapping in between. is the piping problem or the filter? the air intake seems lacking of it.!

Is there any power deliver issues?

Run it for a few hundred miles and let the car get used to the extra air and see if the problem remains.

hmm, we have been using it for like 3 weeks? but the sound still remains. only when we are running at like near 130km/hr n continue to step on the acclerator & the sound of the gapping air intake starts to come in.

Have any other breather pipes been left off the installation as some original equipment induction piping have secondary pipes. If there is one then it'll need a small breather filter appyling or 'T' this into the main pipework. All hose fits must be airtight and a good fit diameter for diameter with no squashing of hose bores.

oh ok, i will get it check. but after discussing with my dad, if it doesnt work after checking, we will send it to garage R to check.! thanks for the help guys.

mines a non-sti but i have a Blitz Sonic Induction kit and with this only one pipe needs to be changed, no secondary pipe. Suggest that you put the old one back on and see if the problem reoccurs just to make sure that it is this giving the problem.
What year is your impreza?

07 year. hmm, we went to garage R. HKS company in singapore itself.
& there was saying it should come with the whole set. meaning we need to get the whole set. the whole set include the piping itself, filter n all the require clips. but he only come with the filter. so we are going back to him n change the whole set n head over to garage R to tune everything. :)

yeah. its better now.! the sound is not that bad already.
& the power of the car is better. :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back