air filter kit

As has been said many times on here, why?

More noise.

Very little or, more likely, no improvement in performance and quite possibly a reduction.

Cost.

Possible insurance invalidation if not declared.

:)

Hi i want to replace standard filter box with an aftermarket kit can anyone recommend the best one for my alfa 156 jts?

Don't worry buddy, I made the exact same mistake you are making when I first started out. I naturally assumed that a nice bright shiney cone filter fitted to my car would have me threatening Ferraris etc from the traffic lights- how wrong I was :embarrest:

Keep your standard filter box as the wise one above has suggested to you, maybe you could replace the actual filter panel with a performance version which is a direct replacement, it will allow the engine to breath a little better and if your lucky it might even improve the throttle response slightly.

Being the 2.0 litre they're 150bhp? If you want more power, get an enclosed induction kit second hand such as a BMC CDA or a ITG MAXOGEN, a full exhaust designed for your vehicle and a set of cams. remap it too....

Or are you literally after noise?

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice i wont go down that road then,however i still need a new filterbox as i tried to drill out rusty screws and ruined it completely.Tried breakers and they were no good either.Quoted 250 quid for new one!I will just have to keep looking.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back