air filter kit

old-git

From
Essex
Car
Elan & Robin Hood
As has been said many times on here, why?

More noise.

Very little or, more likely, no improvement in performance and quite possibly a reduction.

Cost.

Possible insurance invalidation if not declared.

:)

T9 man

TC ModFather
From
London, UK
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Hi i want to replace standard filter box with an aftermarket kit can anyone recommend the best one for my alfa 156 jts?

Don't worry buddy, I made the exact same mistake you are making when I first started out. I naturally assumed that a nice bright shiney cone filter fitted to my car would have me threatening Ferraris etc from the traffic lights- how wrong I was :embarrest:

Keep your standard filter box as the wise one above has suggested to you, maybe you could replace the actual filter panel with a performance version which is a direct replacement, it will allow the engine to breath a little better and if your lucky it might even improve the throttle response slightly.

davalav

Pro Tuner
From
Essex, England
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
Being the 2.0 litre they're 150bhp? If you want more power, get an enclosed induction kit second hand such as a BMC CDA or a ITG MAXOGEN, a full exhaust designed for your vehicle and a set of cams. remap it too....

Or are you literally after noise?

Last edited:

alfabug

From
england, sleaford
Car
alfa 156 2.0 jts
Thanks for your advice i wont go down that road then,however i still need a new filterbox as i tried to drill out rusty screws and ruined it completely.Tried breakers and they were no good either.Quoted 250 quid for new one!I will just have to keep looking.