air filter / cone filter

kbekl

Tuner
Car
space wagon
right what is the better option out of these 2 in sound and performance

i have had cones befor and found them to be ok
i have had a k&n and a pipercross but no other brands what is the better at the mo

also if i was to do with the cone how would i get arround the maf as it it attached to my airbox

Sound = Cone Performance = Panel filter. The panel filter gives a good spread of power throughout the rev range wheras the induction kit tends to move the power band up higher.

Induction length is also a factor along with the need for cold fresh air.

IMHO for Sound = Cone
Performance = Panel filter.

The panel filter gives a good spread of power throughout the rev range wheras the induction kit tends to move the power band up higher.

Induction length is also a factor along with the need for cold fresh air.

if you buy a decent kit it will attach in the same way as your airbox.
2 small screws possible?
a cheapo ebay cone filter will need to be modded in some way to fit

what if i was to have a pod filter in a custom made airbox, that sucked air in from the front grill?

i would use a palent filter if i was going to do that, a good one (dont get a cheapy one) as you dont want all the crap that hiots the front of your car getting into the engine!

or just have a tube from your front grill joining onto your over air intake?

yeah well how i was going to do it was replace the stock air box with my custom stainless steel air box i made and have it usin the existing pipe that runs down the front of front gaurd and the sorta to the grill. Or i could try and make my own big mouth and hook it up at the front just under the bonnet where the vents are

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back