Aggressive cars & drivers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do aggressive cars get bought by aggressive people or do you think that an aggressive looking/performing car brings out the aggression in the driver?

Does music play much of a role in your mood as a driver? Also how would you define an aggressive car?

I think certain cars are pitched to appeal to a certain type of person.

And these days we seem to obsessed with what other people think of us.

Might be a colossal generalisation but Audis these days seem to be driven by aggressive career-driven better-than-you types, who need you to know they earn more money than you.

Fast music can make me drive faster.

What is an aggressive car?
That point is very much open to debate. Supercars, hot hatches cars, high performance saloon cars or cars with Wings/spoilers, vents, turbos, v8 engines, full bodykits, makes (BMW, Jeep, Audi et al)? I leave it up to you to decide and debate...

I find the most aggressive of drivers to be either young males in all-show-no-go spolier bedecked 1.2 Corsas or early middle aged females in those nondescript BMW X5 type type things.

You rarely see a Porsche, Maserati or Aston being driven aggressively, do you?

On the Corsa note there's a pimply little youth around here driving a red one in a rather arrogant and dangerous manner.

Personally I hope he's involved in a single vehicle accident which doesn't injure anyone, not even him, but that it's bad enough to spook him into re-evaluating his driving technique.

Personally I hope he's involved in a single vehicle accident which doesn't injure anyone, not even him, but that it's bad enough to spook him into re-evaluating his driving technique.
Doubt it will spook him, as it wont have been his fault that a cat/dog/duck/unicorn jumped out in front of him, and he had to swerve to avoid it.

I find the most aggressive of drivers to be either young males in all-show-no-go spolier bedecked 1.2 Corsas or early middle aged females in those nondescript BMW X5 type type things.

You rarely see a Porsche, Maserati or Aston being driven aggressively, do you?

On the Corsa note there's a pimply little youth around here driving a red one in a rather arrogant and dangerous manner.

Crikey HDi, I'd hate to cross your path on a dark and lonely night! :lol: but I do know where your coming from :)

Same type of young rascals here in London i'm afraid, have no money to buy a man's car, so have to try and prove something to everyone, who quite frankly, are just not interested in what it is that he is trying to say or prove :rolleyes:

I must say, that I can't really define what an aggressive car is or what one would look like! nearest example I can think off; would be a car from the Mad Max trilogy or something along those lines anyway.

Think i'll stick with my boring Saab and an old man's outlook on life! :)

the most aggressive driver i have encountered in a long time was in a seat leon. i was driving home with the daughter in the car doing 30/35mph and the driver behind was right up my arse i ignored it best i could!
but after a few miles my anger got the better of me and i slammed on the brakes (i know i shouldnt have withe the baby in the car:embarrest:) and the driver had to swerve and ended up on the other side of the road. so i carried on yet again right up my arse so at the traffic lights i jumped out and started to walk over shouting abuse.
the window of the leon came down to reveal a midle aged black woman shouting at me bumbaclot this bumbaclot that. and as i walk up to the window saying my daughter is in the car. i noticed she had 2 little kids of her own in the back with no seat belts on:mad:
at this point i walked of back to the car and pulled of as the lights where on amber. but she goes over the red light so i purposely slow down to 10 mph cause i didnt want this woman behind me anymore! she took the hint and overtook me only for me to catch up a minuet or so later and she was driving up the arse of another car:sad2:

T9 Man: "Crikey HDi, I'd hate to cross your path on a dark and lonely night!

You'd be fine. After all, you don't drive a Corsa. :)

I hope nothing I said makes me out as an advocate of rough justice because I'm not.

I'd stop to help anyone in trouble, even simply someone who's lost their planned route and is in need of directions. Taking the time doesn't hurt any of us.

All I'm suggesting is that this berk might well learn his lesson by being involved in a serious RTC. In no way would I want to sentence him to severe injury. That's barbaric and this is a supposedly civilised society. I'm sure out of the car he's a charming and engaging individual.

All he needs is just enough bruises and inconvenience to entice him to review his driving technique.

But there's something about motor cars which brings out the worst in many of us.

Doubt it will spook him, as it wont have been his fault that a cat/dog/duck/unicorn jumped out in front of him, and he had to swerve to avoid it.

I've had ducklings jump out in the road on me actually but unfortunately for them I wasn't prepared to cause an accident so some of them had to be unavoidably sacrificed.
An aggressive car doesn't always mean the driver is the same. I see the Pulsar Gti-r as an aggressive car but most of the one's I see about are all just cruising about.

IMHO no such thing as an aggressive car it is the driver who is aggressive A car in an inanimate machine it cannot function independently of a human driver. If the driver chooses to be aggressive in their style of driving then the car simply becomes the blunt instrument of that agression.

As most of you would probably agree, I do have one of these "aggressive" cars. I would not consider me an agressive driver. But if someone was to see me in their mirror, and saw that I was travelling at a faster speed than them, and they were immature enough to "have a go", I do believe my car would turn the otherwise "normal" driver into and "aggressive" driver.

I do not set out to race or dive fast. If I am travelling at 60 MPH and the car in front is happy at 55 MPH, then alow me to overtake. You would be suprised at the amount of half wits that I overtake, and once I slow to my cruzing speed they are right up my arse trying to overtake me back. (makeing them an agressive driver)

??? I think I can say, quite safely, that I have one of the most powerfull cars in the area. Not showing off, its fact. But some spotty, greasy knuckle head in a 1.1 clio tries to overtake after I have already taken them, then I can be the first to admit, that I turn into an agressive driver and leave them for dead.

Like I have always said. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. I prefer to carry my speed around corders. Id rather sit at 60 and corner well, then speed up to 90, then slow to 45 to take a corner like all the kids like to do.

As most of you would probably agree, I do have one of these "aggressive" cars. I would not consider me an agressive driver. But if someone was to see me in their mirror, and saw that I was travelling at a faster speed than them, and they were immature enough to "have a go", I do believe my car would turn the otherwise "normal" driver into and "aggressive" driver.

I do not set out to race or dive fast. If I am travelling at 60 MPH and the car in front is happy at 55 MPH, then alow me to overtake. You would be suprised at the amount of half wits that I overtake, and once I slow to my cruzing speed they are right up my arse trying to overtake me back. (makeing them an agressive driver)

??? I think I can say, quite safely, that I have one of the most powerfull cars in the area. Not showing off, its fact. But some spotty, greasy knuckle head in a 1.1 clio tries to overtake after I have already taken them, then I can be the first to admit, that I turn into an agressive driver and leave them for dead.

Like I have always said. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. I prefer to carry my speed around corders. Id rather sit at 60 and corner well, then speed up to 90, then slow to 45 to take a corner like all the kids like to do.

Very true. It does all depend on the car you drive as to how people see you. When I had my lairy blue ZS I could go through a village at 20 and get old people glaring at me. I could speed through the same one in my Accord at 40 and noone batted an eyelid.

Very true. It does all depend on the car you drive as to how people see you. When I had my lairy blue ZS I could go through a village at 20 and get old people glaring at me. I could speed through the same one in my Accord at 40 and noone batted an eyelid.

It does make a difference. Try driving along at 20mph in first gear. That get's a few heads a turnin.